Governor's School for Humanities and Visual & Performing Arts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Performing Arts kids- Lets get to know each other

+16
Elizabeth
William_Hay
Baritonesaxgeek
bhamp
J. K.
Billy!
Sobland.
MarvelousLight
kellyshiei♥
oliviah
Chelleanor
iheartnyc2010
azell13
DanDanTheOboeMan
angelofmusic208
g-landrunner25
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Performing Arts kids- Lets get to know each other - Page 2 Empty Re: Performing Arts kids- Lets get to know each other

Post by Billy! Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:52 pm

MarvelousLight wrote:I sometimes can't make up my mind as well.. I am actually a really indecisive person but usually for more trivial things. But then I just debate both sides! There isn't anything in general I like to debate I guess. I just like bringing up interesting sides of things not commonly thought of. I tend to hate political debates because they just turn into who can shout the loudest and no one really listens to each other's side. You know?

Yay theatre, by the way!!!

I love what you said, that all you want in life is to achieve your dreams. I am the same way. I would do anything just to be in a theatre somewhere. Preferably performing, but just to be part of the world would be enough. It is my everything.

That is so true, Vanessa. Gosh, my heart gets all blood-pumpy on me when people express their love for something (especially theater!). I can't wait to meet you this summer, Vanessa. It's gonna be great!
Billy!
Billy!

Back to top Go down

Performing Arts kids- Lets get to know each other - Page 2 Empty Re: Performing Arts kids- Lets get to know each other

Post by Billy! Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:57 pm

Sobland. wrote:BILLY!
You love Batman most too?! We're going to be such good friends : )
Some people try to tell me that Spiderman is better than him, but seriously?! No. Spiderman is a little wimpy boy compared to the majesty that is Batman.
Sorry, I'm a little bit obsessed too.

Here's a tale of my on stage klutziness:
So for A Dream Play I played a goddess and for the finale of the show I had to walk out with this big basket of things representing the troubles of the human race. For my dramatic exit I had to walk over a fence in between these two crazy trees. My basket got caught on one of the trees while I was exiting so I had to either bring the tree down or lose the basket. I dumped out the basket, tried to make it look like it was on purpose and kept on walking.

Ha! I exploded with laughter when you said "the majesty that is Batman." Who needs all of Peter's whining and Mary Jane drama when you can have a real internal psychological conflict in Bruce Wayne? I mean, Bruce wasn't bitten by some "radioactive" bat. He made the decision to save lives! Oh, and someone tried to tell me that Iron Man was better than the Dark Knight. No. No. No. I verbally destroyed that person. Libby, what Batman movies have you seen?

And I loled at your stage klutziness as well! That's right, dump those things out of the basket and make it work! At least you covered well. I usually just bleed everywhere.
Billy!
Billy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Billy! Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:59 pm

angelofmusic208 wrote:Hey Billy,
lovely to meet cha
please call me Kat-much less formal
and King Henry wasn't all that important with his wives after he went ahead and changed the church and all that.
then it was just a horny old man, waayy too obsessed with sex, and the women/their families that schemed to get him.
not too different from everyday high school.
Razz
and yes, I'm a sophmore for the next 2 days and then I'm a junior(dances)
I love Batman...but Joker is my favorite
....Why so serious?...

Random fact #2
I'm planning to major in ballet preformance and hopefully become a professional dancer, but right now I'm working on my associates degree so that I can go back to school and have the prereqs out of the way for nursing school. I want to be an ER nurse =D

Ooh, so are you going to major in ballet and see if that works out, or do you ultimately want to be an ER nurse. My sister's actually going to school to become a nurse right now! She wants to work in the delivery room. That girl just loves babies.
Billy!
Billy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sobland. Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:16 pm

I think I've seen every one since the first Tim Burton from 89. What about you?
And Iron Man? Puh-lease. haha

I'm going to have to tell you about some of my other klumsy real life moments. Those are even better then my on-stage ones.
Sobland.
Sobland.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?id=806688

Back to top Go down

Post by angelofmusic208 Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:46 pm

haha
well ballet is what i want to do but realistically the dance career is short. maybe mid 30s at best-if you don't get injured.
i've just got to have a second career thing going on-and I know there will always be jobs for nurses. and yes. I've always wanted to work in the ER
i love babies too. just definatly not at the moment...

i have an onstage klumsy moment!
Dress rehersal, last year. Majorly slippery stage. I went to do a turn, landed on my bum, fractured my hip, was wheeled into the ER dressed in full makeup, skimpy costume, fishnets, and heels.
danced in the show the next night Razz
angelofmusic208
angelofmusic208

Back to top Go down

Post by J. K. Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:23 pm

Billy! wrote:Well, I will feel really stupid if no one replies to my giant post attempting to know everyone.

Oh, and hey Jared. My name's Billy. Out of curiosity, do you own Batman Returns? It's one of my favs.

Well yes and no. I own the old Batman Returns that was directed by Tim Burton, but I don't own the new one. I'm a bigger fan of Batman movies Tim Burton directed. He's one of my favorite directors.
J. K.
J. K.

Back to top Go down

Post by iheartnyc2010 Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:57 pm

ooo Billy!!! I saw (most of) Batman. I actually didn't like it. (Please don't attack me!!) I watched it b/c I love[d] Heath Ledger but the movie bored me so much I couldn't even finish it. idk...not my taste I guess.

I really wish I could have heard the guy sing one song glory. I mean NO ONE compares to Adam Pascal who is affraid << that was actually me everytime he sang when I've seen him. BEAUTIFUL!!!! But i bet that guy was good too.
iheartnyc2010
iheartnyc2010

Location : I kid you not...a place that has a "drive your tractor to school day".....yeah I know!

Back to top Go down

Post by angelofmusic208 Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:37 pm

psh Bri. Adam Pascal is just plain beautiful haha
angelofmusic208
angelofmusic208

Back to top Go down

Post by MarvelousLight Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:23 pm

I just got Adam Pascal's autograph!! I went to D.C and saw RENT on their Broadway Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal. I thought I was going to die! It was absolutely amazing!! Go on facebook to see pics. Smile
MarvelousLight
MarvelousLight

Back to top Go down

Post by angelofmusic208 Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:11 pm

*jealous*
angelofmusic208
angelofmusic208

Back to top Go down

Post by iheartnyc2010 Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:20 pm

What kind of a crazy obsessive Pascal stalker would I be without pictures and autographs. His new living room furniture looks GREAT from the front lawn. I'm just kidding!!!! But I did step in pee for him and I have his picture and autograph. lol He's actually going to be doing a concert eventually after the (extended) Rent tour is over! I can't wait for that!!!!!!
iheartnyc2010
iheartnyc2010

Location : I kid you not...a place that has a "drive your tractor to school day".....yeah I know!

Back to top Go down

Post by Baritonesaxgeek Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:06 am

Hey, I'm Josh.
I am going for instrumental music (alto saxophone).
I am a goalkeeper on my travel soccer team and work at Starbuck's.
Random Fact: I have two lizards. A bearded dragon and a chinese water dragon.
Baritonesaxgeek
Baritonesaxgeek

http://www.myspace.com/mammothkeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by William_Hay Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:26 pm

azell13 wrote:Haha ok I totally did not see this so I posted an introduction on the first "Let's get to know each other..." discussion board but oh well...

I'm Arianna and will be attending Governor's School for Vocal Performance. I sing Alto II Cool I am in the Madrigals and Concert Choir at my school and I love both groups! In my free time I love to play the piano, listen to music (kind of obsessed), run/work out and hang out with friends. I am really looking forward to this summer!

i used to run track (and play soccer)as well...but then i quit because singing took over my life very happy

Hey!!!!!!! I recognize you from somewhere! Where do i know you from??? I'm going for voice also, tenor 1 =)
William_Hay
William_Hay

Back to top Go down

Post by William_Hay Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:32 pm

Ok!
So:
I'm William Hay and will be attending Gov School for voice!

I sing Tenor 1, but I have a very large range =)

I work at Prince William Ice Center (a skating rink) and also at Lighthouse Counseling in Occoquan! =)

Random Fact: I'm afraid of ketchup, mustard, and most other condiments. And yes, I'm serious =)
William_Hay
William_Hay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sobland. Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:11 pm

Personally, I think mustard scares us all.
Grey Poupon? Who would want to ingest that?!
Sobland.
Sobland.

Back to top Go down

Post by Baritonesaxgeek Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:03 am

yeea man...mustard is nasty....and mayo too!
Baritonesaxgeek
Baritonesaxgeek

http://www.myspace.com/mammothkeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sobland. Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:08 am

a-freaking-greed.
I will say that I do like ketchup and barbecue sauce though.
Sobland.
Sobland.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:04 pm

I'm Elizabeth Hampton and i'm going for Drama

I'm a cheerleader, and I love singing, dancing, and acting. (Go figure, right)

I live in a tiny town called Windsor.

Check me out on facebook, lets get to know each other!

just search my name

Elizabeth Hampton Scott

Can't wait to meet all of yall!!!!
Elizabeth
Elizabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by katiesoule Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:06 pm

Hey my name's Katie Soule and im going for instrumental (violin)

Im from richmond virginia, I go to Deep Run High School

Im rather uncoordinated which keeps me away from most sports but I like to race sailboats during the summer down on the Chesapeake,

I love to cook (although I normally burn everything!), and am a vegetarian!
katiesoule
katiesoule

Back to top Go down

Post by katiesoule Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:07 pm

Oh and Libby I think you and I are rooming together!!! its gonna be sweet!!
katiesoule
katiesoule

Back to top Go down

Post by mccottuh Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:17 pm

haaaay grlz, im courtney. im in here for theatre. uh random facts? im really protective of people insulting led zeppelin and i do a legit impression of rick astley.
mccottuh
mccottuh

Back to top Go down

Post by christophchica Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:41 pm

hey, i'm chelsey! i'm going for theatre. i have lots of random accidents around the stage. like connor, he's a theatre kid too that's coming, in our fall play, i had to run off stage just as he was running on and we smashed head first into each other. now my friends warn me to watch out for "flying-connors". btw, william i didn't know that about you. remind me to attack you with taco sauce tomorrow at lunch!
christophchica
christophchica

Back to top Go down

Post by azell13 Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:55 pm

William_Hay wrote:
azell13 wrote:Haha ok I totally did not see this so I posted an introduction on the first "Let's get to know each other..." discussion board but oh well...

I'm Arianna and will be attending Governor's School for Vocal Performance. I sing Alto II Cool I am in the Madrigals and Concert Choir at my school and I love both groups! In my free time I love to play the piano, listen to music (kind of obsessed), run/work out and hang out with friends. I am really looking forward to this summer!

i used to run track (and play soccer)as well...but then i quit because singing took over my life very happy

Hey!!!!!!! I recognize you from somewhere! Where do i know you from??? I'm going for voice also, tenor 1 =)

Hi! I have no idea! I don't exactly recognize you but I'm sure we will get to know each other since we are studying the same thing! Hahah can't wait!
azell13
azell13

Back to top Go down

Post by DontTryMyLastName Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:18 pm

Heyyy I'm Karren (with two R's) and I live in the same place as Bri but I like it WAY more than she does. I'm going to gov school for theatre. I used to cheer competition and football but now I don't because those things and theatre don't mix well agenda-wise. I'm still pretty new to theatre, making me a very nervous individual! Smile I love eating. A lot.
I'm weird. Ask Bri, she'll tell you.

Arianna...Amen for being an alto II! I'm right there with ya, except I'm 100% sure you don't sound man-like and awful like I do.

DontTryMyLastName

Back to top Go down

Post by iheartnyc2010 Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:38 pm

Karren is....eccentric Smile and amazing
iheartnyc2010
iheartnyc2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next