Governor's School for Humanities and Visual & Performing Arts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Humanities-lets get to know each other!

+39
SaraG
tay2011
jmacg
Anne Flint
jerz901
osmithib
Rhecht
kellymc
Stuffy
Kiera S.
Oneida
bananahead82
Mike
Lauren
carolineb
cherry_eyes_2592
Meredith <3
mishlelles
AceOfSpadez
Determined 2 Be....
brooks176
larkawash
kailayne
whateverandeveramen
sambury
oliviah
iheartnyc2010
Natalie Zhen
simply_sammij
kristinnn
Paige
~Kirsten~
androgynousmermen@verizon
LAMeadows
Kearneyrunner
KTSharpie
kt2u155
FoodFanatic
hdannenfelser
43 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Humanities-lets get to know each other! - Page 2 Empty Re: Humanities-lets get to know each other!

Post by iheartnyc2010 Tue May 05, 2009 10:26 pm

yay sign me up!!
iheartnyc2010
iheartnyc2010

Location : I kid you not...a place that has a "drive your tractor to school day".....yeah I know!

Back to top Go down

Humanities-lets get to know each other! - Page 2 Empty Re: Humanities-lets get to know each other!

Post by whateverandeveramen Fri May 08, 2009 10:17 pm

i'm mallory o'shea, so... facebook please!
i live in sterling, 15, almost a junior,
i like the basics: reading, art, lots of tv... lame haha, and really good music,
im hoping to get in for free fallin as a core class
you guys all look really cool and nice, hope we all get along :]

oh, and my absolute favorite band is Say Anything.
whateverandeveramen
whateverandeveramen

Back to top Go down

Post by kailayne Tue May 12, 2009 5:33 pm

Cool Hey everyone Im Kaitlyn I'd rather be called Kate
Im 16 and a rising senior yay! I turn 17 after gov school lol
My biggest fear about gov school is being stuck with some crazy satanist or something that is just weird (yea i know its irrational) or hates me from day one.Shocked My number one class that i picked is i actually dont remember because I signed up late last night for them but I think its coooool, If you could teach a sneech, and filters are only for coffee. I talk ALOT and Im super easy to get to know Laughing. I live in Tazewell county (Richlands) and theres a reason why noones ever heard of it lol (its tiny lol). Um I'm on myspace so add me ktbug7270. And umm yea i think thats about it, Oh and my favorite pasttime is sleeping in ... late ... very late. Sleep Anyway Im excited to meet everyone. Wink
kailayne
kailayne

http://www.myspace.com/ktbug7270

Back to top Go down

Post by kailayne Tue May 12, 2009 5:35 pm

Say Anything is a pretty kick butt group, Oh one more thing i forgot to mention, I'm in love with mcdonalds ... and starbucks. lol (real healthy I know)
kailayne
kailayne

Back to top Go down

Post by androgynousmermen@verizon Tue May 12, 2009 6:00 pm

Hey Kate! nice to meet you. Well I've been talking to many of our future gov school members and I have yet to meet anyone who's "about me" is being a satanist (not that I have any problem with satanists or any religon people choose to believe) so I think you're safe. very happy

Back to top Go down

Post by kailayne Tue May 12, 2009 6:07 pm

lol its definatly not that i have a problem with religion please dont get me wrong thats everyone's oppinion and their own life for sure. Satanist is prob stretching it but im sure everyone has the same fear of rooming with someone who ... is their polar opposite to a point saying the least.
kailayne
kailayne

Back to top Go down

Post by FoodFanatic Tue May 12, 2009 6:35 pm

Haha, it's starting to get difficult to keep up with these boards (or maybe I'm just lazy :/ ), so to everyone who has posted so far:

Hi! I'm Francis. Can't wait to meet you all at gov school!
FoodFanatic
FoodFanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by kailayne Tue May 12, 2009 6:37 pm

lol no it really is hard to keep up with them lol.
kailayne
kailayne

Back to top Go down

Post by androgynousmermen@verizon Tue May 12, 2009 7:05 pm

yeah I share your same fear... I'm a messy like to go to bed early, loud type and I hope i don't get a neat, quiet nightowl...

Back to top Go down

Post by larkawash Tue May 12, 2009 7:24 pm

Hey! I'm Lark!
I'm 16 and I represent 2011! Whoo!
Lol!
Can't w8 4 GovSchool!
Cool
larkawash
larkawash

Back to top Go down

Post by LAMeadows Tue May 12, 2009 7:31 pm

I'm Larry.
I'm 17 and I'm a Junior.
Hit me up on dat facebook or dat aim
larryelguero (aim 1)
sillyaardvark (aim 2)
LAMeadows
LAMeadows

Back to top Go down

Post by brooks176 Wed May 13, 2009 9:28 pm

Hey guys! I'm Rachel.
I'm 16 and a junior.
My first choice for core class is foreign policy since I love foreign affairs and the debate team, but I have a tendency to be a bit quiet at first; however, I'm hoping to come out of my shell at Gov School!

Hmm, I'm in the IB program, and I like art, golf, psychology, music (more listening than playing since I have very little musical talent), and pretty much everything else.

I'm extremely excited to meet you guys, and I can hardly wait for Governor's School! vudihblsvbhlsvbliusfbnsblfi. Smile.
brooks176
brooks176

Back to top Go down

Humanities-lets get to know each other! - Page 2 Empty A little About Me ....

Post by Determined 2 Be.... Thu May 14, 2009 6:23 pm

Im so EXCITED !!!
So my name is Aaron Colston
I will be a senior this upcoming YEAR !
I go to William Fleming High in Roanoke, Virginia!
Im involved in the IB program here at my school.
I also go to Governor's School For Math and Science half a day .

Im pretty easy going, and very friendly
I look forward to meeting all you guys !

I dont remeber exactly what classes for ! But...
1) Seven Deadly Sins
2)What if...
3)And the heart...

I also have a facebook and myspace
my email for fb is : beingfreshisjustbeing_me@yahoo.com
my email ms is : BIGCHEEKS200@aol.com
Determined 2 Be....
Determined 2 Be....

Back to top Go down

Post by androgynousmermen@verizon Thu May 14, 2009 7:11 pm

YAY! I'm so glad that you're Determined that's very empowering...

Back to top Go down

Post by iheartnyc2010 Thu May 14, 2009 9:35 pm

I second that. I really really like your screenname Aaron!
iheartnyc2010
iheartnyc2010

Location : I kid you not...a place that has a "drive your tractor to school day".....yeah I know!

Back to top Go down

Post by AceOfSpadez Fri May 15, 2009 5:34 pm

Hey everyone!!
The name's Stacey, but where I'm from, they call me Ace.
I'm a rising senior (2010 BABY!!!)
I go to Salem High School in Virginia Beach for the Visual and Performing Arts Academy, as a vocal music major. Hopefully after high school, I will pursue a degree in music composition at the Juilliard School.

Even though I'm a musician at heart, I'm really big on sociology and psychology.
I'm pretty chill, I guess...

Add me on myspace!!
Myspace.com/khaoticsoul
AceOfSpadez
AceOfSpadez

Back to top Go down

Post by mishlelles Fri May 15, 2009 7:35 pm

Hey everyone!
I'm Michelle.
I'm seventeen as of today! Yay! and I will be a senior in September.
I'm from Virginia Beach, VA, Princess Anne High School
I'm in the IB Program and my favorite subjects are math and theory of knowledge. haha. I guess I could be a nerd sometimes Smile
I love debate, tennis, piano, and art!
I like any kind of music that carries a tune. Smile
My top three core classes are Free Fallin', Preditors and Prey, and And the Winner Is...
I'm super excited for Governor's School this summer, and I can't wait to meet you guys!! Laughing
mishlelles
mishlelles

Back to top Go down

Post by kt2u155 Fri May 15, 2009 7:40 pm

Woah theres a lot of us in the IB program, that's majorly wierd.

Happy Birthday. *singing in her horrible voice* Happy Happy Birthday from all of us to you we wish it was our birthday so we could party too, ta-da.
kt2u155
kt2u155

Back to top Go down

Post by mishlelles Fri May 15, 2009 7:46 pm

haha. thanks Katy!
mishlelles
mishlelles

Back to top Go down

Post by androgynousmermen@verizon Sat May 16, 2009 11:34 am

Ok this has been really confusing me WHAT IS THE IB PROGRAM~>?

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY! very happy and nice to meet you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Meredith <3 Sat May 16, 2009 4:13 pm

Hey everyone!
I'm Meredith Clapp, 17 and a rising senior from Lynchburg, VA....and i cant wait til this summer!!
My top 3 courses are Preditors and Prey:Social Media Sensationalism, Negotiating a Revolution, and Last Thinker Standing (<= i am really excited about that one), but chosing from the list was so hard bc they all look amazing!
i love traveling and foreign languages and cultures (i spent a year in italy through student exchange so if anyone knows italian, let me know! haha)
i am super disorganized but for the sake of my future roommate i promise to try my best Wink
ummmm what else.... i run track for my hs but i hate running-- i joined to try and overcome that fact but i am still working on it!
just finished ap exams, so i cant wait to spend the summer chilling and learning without the pressure of tests and memorization very happy
Meredith <3
Meredith <3

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1565520195&ref=

Back to top Go down

Post by cherry_eyes_2592 Sat May 16, 2009 10:46 pm

hi everyone!
my name is Samantha and I'm a 17 year old from C'ville VA
my top three courses are Crusades and Jihads, Foreign Policy, and Persistance of a Vision.
I'm really into Model United Nations (I'm Secretary-General of my school's MUN club) and I love history like not other thing (National History Day anybody?)
But I also love sports, I was on my Varsity Soccer team for two years, but i just joined the tennis team and i LOVE it Smile so I'll play tennis with anyone!
I'm just generally excited and incredibly happy to be headed towards Gov's school!

cherry_eyes_2592

Back to top Go down

Post by androgynousmermen@verizon Sun May 17, 2009 6:47 pm

Hey redhead I'm also from Lynchburg! What school do you go to?

Back to top Go down

Post by carolineb Sun May 17, 2009 8:22 pm

Hey!
i'm caroline birasa
i'm 17, from Arlington and a rising senior
i love music and history
i'm in the IB program at my school, and i think its so funny that there are SO many IB kids going- we can complain about the horrors of CAS and the extended essay together!
to androgynous mermen- (i'm not sure what your actual name is haha)- the ib progam is kind of hard to describe- basically its this course program with intensified classes- like ap classes- but it also requires taking a class called theory of knowledge, writing the extended essay, and doing community service type hours... if you google it i'm sure you'll find a better explanation online =)
i'll be happy to tell you all about it at gov school
carolineb
carolineb

Back to top Go down

Post by Meredith <3 Sun May 17, 2009 10:35 pm

androgynousmermen@verizon wrote:Hey redhead I'm also from Lynchburg! What school do you go to?

hey! i didnt know there was anyone else from this area going! i am actually from forest, so i go to JF
Meredith <3
Meredith <3

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1565520195&ref=

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next