Governor's School for Humanities and Visual & Performing Arts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's get to know each other...

+34
Lauren
AceOfSpadez
azell13
brooks176
DanDanTheOboeMan
Billy!
J. K.
Caty Regan
iDraw'09
LAMeadows
kristinnn
androgynousmermen@verizon
Paige
Paigey
angelofmusic208
AndrewJay
larkawash
Phillip Rodgers
Allstagdup
bhamp
kiru_ayameru
Natalie Zhen
saralovelys
Sobland.
Emac
quad
dsennett
Nicole Boyd
doxley
iheartnyc2010
kt2u155
FoodFanatic
William_Hay
MarvelousLight
38 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Let's get to know each other... - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's get to know each other...

Post by iheartnyc2010 Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:19 pm

kiru_ayameru wrote:there are too many theater kids lol ^.^ bounce

There is no such thing as too many theatre kids very happy haha
iheartnyc2010
iheartnyc2010

Location : I kid you not...a place that has a "drive your tractor to school day".....yeah I know!

Back to top Go down

Let's get to know each other... - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's get to know each other...

Post by bhamp Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:28 pm

I agree, though I have to say I am really pumped about the Humanities aspect as well.
bhamp
bhamp

Location : Wishing I was a tomato... oh wait... LOCATION... ha.... Winchester.

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalie Zhen Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:46 pm

I kind of wish that all of the governor's schools were lumped on the same campus. One of my friends is going to be at the Spanish language academy, which sounds amazing. Another is off to build rockets. I'd like to do them all! (Though maybe not Russian Academy seeing as I don't speak Russian.)

And I did notice the disproportional amount of participation from theatre. I figured that theatre just fosters particularly charismatic, confident kids. There are also a lot of Humanities kids participating. A few visual arts (that's me). But where are the orchestra and choral students!?
Natalie Zhen
Natalie Zhen

Back to top Go down

Post by bhamp Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:53 pm

Perhaps they have yet to find the discussion boards, I know that my friends who are going to the Math, Science, and Technology and Agriculture Gov Schools had no idea that these boards existed.

I don't think it is matter of charisma or confidence, I think it has to do with the level of curiosity and excitement. Theatre kids seem to express themselves more outwardly is all.

There is also the AP and SAT issue that may be keeping a lot of people busy *cough* me *cough*.

I have also noticed that a lot of the Art students that I know tend to be shy. A lot of them aren't very proactive because they like to have the situation come to them. I am not trying to lump you all together or anything, that is just my personal experience with the Frederick County students is all.

bhamp
bhamp

Location : Wishing I was a tomato... oh wait... LOCATION... ha.... Winchester.

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalie Zhen Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:12 pm

No, no, lumping isn't inherently a bad thing. At Maggie Walker, all of the groups kind of run together. A lot of my friends involved in drama are very charismatic and outgoing. To follow your lumping lead, from my experiences, drama kids are extremely fun to hang out with.

Busy-shmusy. (That doesn't rhyme very well.) On Monday I got slaughtered by a practice Chem MC section, and today Calculus kicked my butt.

Doing calculus is like eating butter pecan ice cream. At the same time, it makes me feel very smart and very stupid, just like butter pecan ice cream is both sweet and salty. Which wins? Sweet or salty? Smart or stupid?

The only difference is that butter pecan ice cream makes me happy. Calculus does not. I even had a dream about being stressed last night.

How are everyone else's stress levels?
Natalie Zhen
Natalie Zhen

Back to top Go down

Let's get to know each other... - Page 2 Empty hi

Post by AndrewJay Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:41 pm

So I'm Andrew. But my best friends call me Andrew Jay. Hence my username.
I'm 17 and I live in Culpeper, which is a rural community southwest of DC.
I'm attending this summer for theatre. I love acting and have been doing it all my life. I've a had a lot of experiences from school plays to feature films.
Although, I love filmmaking and am going to study film production in college. I write direct and edit my own short films.
I also have a thing for photography. = p
I'm not gunna lie, I'm nervous about Governors School just because I've never done anything like it, but I'm open to the experience.

I'm hoping to meet a lot of really cool and talented people this summer and have a great time.
=]

AndrewJay

Back to top Go down

Post by MarvelousLight Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:55 pm

There can NEVER be too many theater kids. There should only be about 40 in all... I think. Maybe we are just more outgoing? But I am so excited to meet everyone!

Oh, and add me on Facebook. (Vanessa Arvidson).

very happy

Oh, and stress is insane! SAT IIs are this weekend and APs are next. Loads of fun!.
MarvelousLight
MarvelousLight

Back to top Go down

Post by kiru_ayameru Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:04 pm

iheartnyc2010 wrote:
kiru_ayameru wrote:there are too many theater kids lol ^.^ bounce

There is no such thing as too many theatre kids very happy haha

true! JUST AS LONG AS THERE IS NO HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL BS lol I HATE the DISNEY STAR TEENS!!! :albino:
kiru_ayameru
kiru_ayameru

http://myspace.com/sexy_kyo

Back to top Go down

Post by kiru_ayameru Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:12 pm

I understand what you mean, There should be 30 visual students and I think that everyone that was accepted is out going. I've only met one student who hated Gov. School and that was because he was highly racist, sexist, and homophobic. I think we all are going to have a good time and we can have laundry room dances XD

My friends did it last year and my other friends did it the year before. just plug up some music down there and go!!!

I'm a rave kid so I like alot of techno, classical, anything that is chill, my music taste is very out there though. I can't stand blue grass or anything of that sort. what about you guys?
kiru_ayameru
kiru_ayameru

Back to top Go down

Post by angelofmusic208 Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:22 pm

Well Aloha!
My name is Katherine Riedel, but please, call me Kat-everyone does.
I'm from Danville, and I'm going for...dance =D
Im extremelly excited and I can't wait to go and meet everyone. I wish time(and exams) would hurry up and pass already.
angelofmusic208
angelofmusic208

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalie Zhen Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:40 am

I like just about anything that you can dance to. Pretty upbeat stuff, I guess. Aside from that, I don't have super strong preferences. I'm pretty lazy about adding new stuff to my iPod, so most of my music is my sister's. Plus my cross country team has a penchant for 90s pop and weird theme songs (Captain Planet!) that get thrown into the mix too.
Natalie Zhen
Natalie Zhen

Back to top Go down

Post by iheartnyc2010 Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:08 am

Im not going to lie. . . im a broadway freak. However i only like the new stuff so its not what most people first think when they hear "Broadway" im also still kinda attached to my childhood love. . . .the backstreet boys. yea yea i know i like weird music. Lol Smile
iheartnyc2010
iheartnyc2010

Location : I kid you not...a place that has a "drive your tractor to school day".....yeah I know!

Back to top Go down

Post by angelofmusic208 Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:00 pm

This is rather random but the title of this thread made me start singing
"Getting to knooowww you"

yeah. Im a broadway freak too. Razz
angelofmusic208
angelofmusic208

Back to top Go down

Post by Paigey Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:23 pm

Whats up!
Hey, i'm Paige and i'm comming to gov school for visual arts. I live in Williamsburg which is really close to my best friend!! We go to school together and she is going to the theatre program...say hi to Vanessa (MarvelousLight) for me if you meet her Smile
Can't wait to meet ya'll!

Search for me on Facebook (Paige Campbell)

Paigey

Back to top Go down

Post by kt2u155 Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:44 pm

I would deffinitely have laundry room parties!!

My music taste is well accepting, I guess. I don't care what I listen to with others but I personally prefer electronica and all that alternative rock stuff.

One last thing. Theatre kids are out going but I am going to go out on a limb her and say that I could roll with the best of them.
Up to a challenge? *raises eyebrows*

Lastly I would like to say that I think my AP test and IB Psych test has a personal vendetta against me.
kt2u155
kt2u155

Back to top Go down

Post by kt2u155 Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:47 pm

Last thing, I promise... Look me up on facebook -> Katyy Dalenberg
kt2u155
kt2u155

Back to top Go down

Post by kiru_ayameru Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:33 pm

I prefer to use myspace... I think Facebook is a cheap rip off of myspace, along with that twitter BS
kiru_ayameru
kiru_ayameru

Back to top Go down

Post by kt2u155 Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:37 pm

I have a myspace...but i never use it so it thought it would be useless to put it there.
kt2u155
kt2u155

Back to top Go down

Post by Paige Sun May 03, 2009 2:11 pm

Hey theres another Paige here, WOW.
I'm Paige Meadows... my first name is actually Laura... but, I use Paige as my nickname, I like it better.
I'm from a nonexistent little county called Goochland.
I'm 16.
In Humanities program.
Paige
Paige

Back to top Go down

Post by androgynousmermen@verizon Sun May 03, 2009 3:18 pm

Hello I'm Melissa. I'm 17 and go to E.C. Glass.

I'm going to the Humanites and many of the people above really describe me... a humanist, into art(all types), and I, wierdly enough, also call people dearie, and love, wow. you people are like me...

anyway I can't wait 'till July which is a shocker for me because normally I hate July (too hott)

LOVES cya

Back to top Go down

Post by androgynousmermen@verizon Sun May 03, 2009 3:25 pm

Music tastes.

I like to say that I like everything, but in truth I will TRY anything. I essp like classic rock from the 60-70s (Beatles, Stones, Queen, Bowie, Pink Floyd etc.) along with some Techno, Disco, Glam, Electronica, instrumental piano and Chill*is that a genre?(Coldplay, Ben Folds, Dispatch) I like stuff you can dance, and relax to....
lately i've been listening to The Velvet Underground

Oh and I'm going to Humanities, but I'm with Katyy in saying that that doesn't mean I'm not crazy awesome fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by kristinnn Sun May 03, 2009 5:07 pm

Hi!! im kristin and im 17 and i live in reston, which no one has ever heard of but its in northern virginia by dc!
ill be going for humanities annnd im so excited!
kristinnn
kristinnn

Back to top Go down

Post by kristinnn Sun May 03, 2009 5:09 pm

oh and i have no idea how to put up a picture if anyone would like to tell me?? lol thanks!
kristinnn
kristinnn

Back to top Go down

Post by LAMeadows Sun May 03, 2009 5:12 pm

I know where Reston is!
Probably only because I live in Northern Virginia though.
Oh and for those who don't know, I'm Larry and I'm going for humanities.
LAMeadows
LAMeadows

Back to top Go down

Post by kristinnn Sun May 03, 2009 5:30 pm

yayy finally!! where do you live?
kristinnn
kristinnn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next