Governor's School for Humanities and Visual & Performing Arts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member & I Can't wait until Sunday!

+3
J. K.
iheartnyc2010
RyeBread
7 posters

Go down

New Member & I Can't wait until Sunday! Empty New Member & I Can't wait until Sunday!

Post by RyeBread Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:35 pm

Hey everyone!!! My name's Aryah. I just did find out about this board thingy. A little late i know. very happy
I'm going to gov. school for theatre!!
My room mate is Nicole Boyd Laughing
I'm sixteen, i've been in 23 shows, 1 movie, had 2 years of intense theatre training in Missoula Montana's Childrens Theatre, and had 6 years of voice training.
I am SOOOO excited for governors school!!!!!
My classes are: How to Teach A Sneech. Basic Actors Toolkit. And R.E.S.T.
Anyone have the same classes???

Random facts about myself,
My favorite food is Chex Mix.
I'm addicted to Apple Juice.
I'm scared of ordering food at restaurants. [lol]
I play the clairnet, and a LITTLE guitar & piano.
My nickname has been RyeBread since forever. Not entirely sure why.
And i quite simply CAN NOT dance. Its basically impossible.

I can't wait to meet everyone! I can't believe i didn't find out about this chat thing ma bob sooner. lol!
RyeBread
RyeBread

Back to top Go down

New Member & I Can't wait until Sunday! Empty Re: New Member & I Can't wait until Sunday!

Post by iheartnyc2010 Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:43 pm

Oh Aryah......we are going to be friends Smile
I'm Bri, going for theatre I have REST, teach a sneech, and mining the text.Nicole is simply amazing so you may see me in your room a bit And I can't dance either....though I've had an offer for someone to help me....so we'll see... Can't wait for sunday!!!!!
iheartnyc2010
iheartnyc2010

Location : I kid you not...a place that has a "drive your tractor to school day".....yeah I know!

Back to top Go down

New Member & I Can't wait until Sunday! Empty Re: New Member & I Can't wait until Sunday!

Post by J. K. Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:42 pm

Hey. I'm Jared. I'm going to gov. school for Theatre and I also have The Basic Actor's Toolkit and R.E.S.T. Wow! You have a very extensive backround in acting Aryah. What was the movie you was in about?
J. K.
J. K.

Back to top Go down

Post by maryanntc Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:03 pm

hi!
i'm not in theatre, but i'm taking if you could teach a sneech too :]

what movie were you in? that's soo cool
maryanntc
maryanntc

Back to top Go down

Post by RyeBread Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:30 pm

i was in "A Publick Education."
My name was Betty Carter. I even had lines and stuff!
Its like one of those old boring history movies that your teachers make you watch, and you sleep through.
It was aired on PBS a few years back. =]
Even though it was boring i got paid quite a bit to be in it.
And there was lots of free food! So it was fun. =]
I'm so excited that you guys have the same classes as me!!!!!!

Bri- i can already tell we'll be friend too =]
Jared- how did you get into theatre?
Maryanntc- What are you going to gov school for?
RyeBread
RyeBread

Back to top Go down

Post by J. K. Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:39 pm

Well I was always fascinated by films as a child and since a young age I told my parents I wanted to be an actor. I found out about acting classes at The Barter's education wing and took a few. Then I auditioned for "winnie the pooh" and had two lines, but I had the best time and new acting was for me. Of course, I hadn't done a play outside of church again til this year when I performed in "Flowers for Algernon" and "Scrooge".
J. K.
J. K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalie Zhen Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:41 pm

Hi Aryah! I'm Natalie. I'm in If You Could Teach a Sneech, but nothing else. (I'm going for visual arts.)

I like apple juice too! I used to drink it when studying late at night while eating popcorn. Or iced tea...the popcorn got replaced with goldfish once I got braces.

My favorite part of Chex Mix is the light chex pieces Wink My friend went to French Academy last summer and got addicted to Chex Mix. She claims that over the 3ish weeks that she was at UoR, she consumed over 3000 calories of the stuff. Think we can beat that?
Natalie Zhen
Natalie Zhen

Back to top Go down

Post by maryanntc Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:25 pm

i'm in for humanities :]
maryanntc
maryanntc

Back to top Go down

Post by tay2011 Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:36 pm

I'm for humanities, but I also have Teach a Sneech.
I am greatly excited for that class!
Oh and as far as dancing I like to think I can, but I know I can't lol.

Yet I have noticed that when a large group of people who can't dance get together and pretend to dance it works out okay so maybe we can do that haha.
tay2011
tay2011

Back to top Go down

Post by RyeBread Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:27 am

lol yes lets all pretend to dance! that i can do.
and yes chex mix is extremely addicting!!!! very happy
RyeBread
RyeBread

Back to top Go down

Post by angelofmusic208 Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:43 pm

Ah Im so excited!!!!
darn right Bri-i'm gonna get you up and shaking your groove thang at the dances =D
that applies to everyone else as well Razz

btw. I'm Kat, I'm 16 and I'm going for dance. My classes are Dancer:Artist, Technican, Inovator, Body Modalities, and 7(or14) ways to meet the Devil)
and I'm in East 164.

did I mention I'm excited?
angelofmusic208
angelofmusic208

Back to top Go down

Post by iheartnyc2010 Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:07 pm

Kat....best of luck with that.......I can't dance. Better yet, I don't dance. I take instruction from the movie Hitch and just stick to the two step side to side Smile
iheartnyc2010
iheartnyc2010

Location : I kid you not...a place that has a "drive your tractor to school day".....yeah I know!

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalie Zhen Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:13 pm

I dance, but it looks more like wiggling. It's fun though, and I try to make up for skill/grace/rhythm with enthusiasm.
Natalie Zhen
Natalie Zhen

Back to top Go down

Post by RyeBread Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:32 pm

i can dance if the dance is choreographed.
Otherwise i'm pretty much hosed. Smile
RyeBread
RyeBread

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum