Governor's School for Humanities and Visual & Performing Arts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When are the teachers going to be notified of their recommendations?

+4
carolineb
BigDGovSchool
sjohnso3
angelofmusic208
8 posters

Go down

When are the teachers going to be notified of their recommendations? Empty When are the teachers going to be notified of their recommendations?

Post by angelofmusic208 Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:56 am

Pretty self-explainatory
Just curious. Its hard keeping a secret!! Razz
angelofmusic208
angelofmusic208

Back to top Go down

When are the teachers going to be notified of their recommendations? Empty Re: When are the teachers going to be notified of their recommendations?

Post by sjohnso3 Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:49 pm

Actually, the letters are printing even as I type (!), and I hope to have them stuffed this afternoon and dropped off at the post office tonight.

So, many will probably get the letter Saturday (July 13) while others will get it early next week.
sjohnso3
sjohnso3
Director

http://govschool.cnu.edu

Back to top Go down

When are the teachers going to be notified of their recommendations? Empty Re: When are the teachers going to be notified of their recommendations?

Post by BigDGovSchool Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:38 pm

I think Sheryl meant, June 13 not July 13... but you all are smart people and probably realized that yourselves Smile
BigDGovSchool
BigDGovSchool

Back to top Go down

Post by carolineb Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:13 pm

on my second mailing, it said the teacher nomination hadn't been received (the box wasn't checked) but I think this was because i sent the nomination so late? is it possible that it was just received after the second mailing letters were already printed?
carolineb
carolineb

Back to top Go down

Post by sjohnso3 Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:12 pm

I received about a dozen teacher nomination forms this past week, so it could very well be that it was received after the memo was printed. If you (or anybody else concerned) want to send me an email or PM, I can look it up for you and double check.
sjohnso3
sjohnso3
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by kellyshiei♥ Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:24 pm

just curious, how many nominations did you get and how many teachers did you select?
kellyshiei♥
kellyshiei♥

Back to top Go down

Post by LAMeadows Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:02 pm

Kelly,
I don't think they select teachers. I think all teachers nominated get an award.
LAMeadows
LAMeadows

Back to top Go down

Post by kellyshiei♥ Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:24 pm

oh ok thanks :]
kellyshiei♥
kellyshiei♥

Back to top Go down

Post by angelofmusic208 Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:02 am

yay! Well my teacher got hers today
angelofmusic208
angelofmusic208

Back to top Go down

Post by sjohnso3 Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:31 am

Thanks, Danny, for keeping me honest. June 13 is what I meant. I suppose I could go fix that....

And yes, LAMeadows is correct: all the teachers nominated get the award. We had 284 students nominate teachers - a bit smaller number than we usually have - for a total of 277 teachers. (7 teachers were nominated by multiple students.)

We typically have about half of the teachers nominated able to join us for Teacher Recognition Day on July 17. (And I do mean July this time.) Those who are unable to come will receive the certificate in the mail.

And no, we don't allow for substitutions. Only nominated teachers are invited to spend the day, and once the letters go out we don't retract nominations to then nominate somebody else.
sjohnso3
sjohnso3
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by iheartnyc2010 Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:10 pm

Did it say in the letter that teachers were not obligated to attend??
iheartnyc2010
iheartnyc2010

Location : I kid you not...a place that has a "drive your tractor to school day".....yeah I know!

Back to top Go down

Post by sjohnso3 Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:04 pm

The letter invites them to come spend that day with their student(s), and asks them to RSVP by sending the enclosed postcard back to us with their response. I believe the letter also tells them that the certificate will be mailed if they are unable to attend.
sjohnso3
sjohnso3
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by MUN/BAND=LIFE Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:08 pm

Is there a way for us to find out if our teacher is coming? I don't have a way to contact my teacher outside of class, so I was wondering if you could tell me.
MUN/BAND=LIFE
MUN/BAND=LIFE

Back to top Go down

Post by sjohnso3 Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:35 pm

As we begin to get responses, we compile a list of who we've heard from (yes and no) and who we haven't. A master list gets posted in the residence halls so you can check and see your teacher's status.

Also, if you know something that we don't have marked, it is helpful if you can tell us so we can better prepare for the numbers we have attending.
sjohnso3
sjohnso3
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down