Governor's School for Humanities and Visual & Performing Arts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visual arts: let's get to know each other!

+8
stormyskye
kinseroo99
karina
Hayley!
applesnoranges
quad
kiru_ayameru
Natalie Zhen
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Visual arts: let's get to know each other! Empty Visual arts: let''s get to know each other!

Post by Natalie Zhen Sun May 17, 2009 4:25 pm

Well, both humanities and performing arts now have their own threads. If you are a visual arts student, please represent our discipline by introducing yourself here! A name, where you're from, and any other tidbits would be fun to share!

I'm Natalie.
I live really close to Richmond and go to a year round Governor's school in the city.
I have braces (yuck).
My art completely changed after reading The Fountainhead.
I ate a sun dried tomato bagel this morning. Yum!
Natalie Zhen
Natalie Zhen

Back to top Go down

Visual arts: let's get to know each other! Empty Re: Visual arts: let's get to know each other!

Post by kiru_ayameru Sun May 17, 2009 5:29 pm

I'm Ryan Polesko
I live in Portsmouth, right next to Newport News.
I think that Vanity is the ultimate deadly sin and I indulge myself with it.
My artwork is quite simple in most aspects, my pieces are based under theme of having fun and feeling like a kid again. I use a lot of bright colors, lights, and I also work in cubism. Recently though i have been working in performance art and fashion design.
I'm so glam i sneeze glitter lol!!!

tongue lol!

Last edited by kiru_ayameru on Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
kiru_ayameru
kiru_ayameru

http://myspace.com/sexy_kyo

Back to top Go down

Visual arts: let's get to know each other! Empty Re: Visual arts: let's get to know each other!

Post by quad Mon May 18, 2009 7:55 pm

i was wondering when we were going to get our own topic! i felt so left out.

i'm wade.
i live in centreville, northern VA, and i go to....public school. lol.
i have braces too, and i also have glasses! beat that! lol.
i took AP studio this year, and i've grown more as an artist in this past year than i have in my whole life. i hate canvas, i love wood.
i like detail and mimicking art styles from around the world....i feel like i've yet to find my own personal style?? i can't wait to try some crazy sh*t at govschool!
i almost barfed today from spinning in my chair for like 5 minutes....lol.
quad
quad

http://flickr.com/wasketch

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalie Zhen Mon May 18, 2009 9:00 pm

Yeah, Wade, board is awesome. I love how it feels painting on it. Recently I've been painting oil on board with an acrylic underpainting and base. I splurged on this sexy (expensive) board after my BC AP exam to comfort myself. (I stink and constructing my own.) It is sooooo nice. It was really tough to start painting on it!

I still (should) wear reading glasses for astigmatism, but--beat this--I used to have to patch my right eye because my left eye was lazy and at risk for going blind. Arrr, matey! pirat

Let the contest of most medical maladies begin!
Natalie Zhen
Natalie Zhen

Back to top Go down

Post by quad Mon May 18, 2009 9:24 pm

all my wood is bought specially! aka, picked up randomly from lowes. lol.
i'm a mixed media crazer. i can never use just one thing. i loveee watercolor and i also like metallic paints.

and BEAT THIS: i have have horrible allergies (allergic to everything), i need an inhaler, i have chronic acne, and i wear a brace.
...jk. THAT would suck lol. i think you beat me you the eye patch pirat

btw, do you have pics of your work?? wanna share over email???
quad
quad

http://flickr.com/wasketch

Back to top Go down

Post by applesnoranges Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:50 am

I'm Anisha
i live in centreville too...how neat
ive never really taken a real art class so im excited to learn more more more! (my school kinda down plays the art program)
i too have braces...and i missed getting them off by one day because of gov school = (
applesnoranges
applesnoranges

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalie Zhen Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:54 am

Braces update! No, I didn't get them off. I actually got MORE braces on today. Yay. I'm straightening molars in the waaaay back that no one will ever see. They are so far back that even I have to look hard to see them. Health shmelth, I hate braces.

But at least I don't have to wear rubber bands for the next few weeks. That's nice!
Natalie Zhen
Natalie Zhen

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley! Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:32 am

I'm Hayley
I live in dumfries. yes, you may laugh
and, to join the braces discussion, i had them for FIVE YEARS until i got them off last december. so yeah, hopefully that wins me some medical malady points.
about my art, the class i took this year wasn't too intense so i still haven't figured out who i am as an artist. but, like wade, i CANNOT wait until gov school =D
Hayley!
Hayley!

Back to top Go down

Post by karina Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:26 am

ahah i had braces for 7 yrs guys. i feel your pain.

i'm karina from manassas/ woodbridge! public school, i love it though! we have a great program. or really just a great teacher
my art has grown miles in the past year, i love love love working with color and experimenting with it.
karina
karina

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley! Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:33 am

i think i saw your picture of your art at the woodbridge art show?
because i was definitely there!
i guess i shouldnt be too surprised since we're all from virginia, but its still cool =)
Hayley!
Hayley!

Back to top Go down

Post by kinseroo99 Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:10 pm

yay! I (Kinsey) finally got a stupid account to let me post, tried and failed multiple times...typing errors i can only assume! Although i can not really top the whole medical malady points contest, i broke my pinky toe a couple years ago but thats about it...i live in Roanoke and take art at a seperate high school, in a program CVA (1-4) which is center for visual arts. Am i the only 3d mixed media artist? i paint and collage too but it seems like most people that have posted focus on painting which i give u guys props for. I also have a healthy addication to Freezie pops that i fully indulge in during the summer months Smile
kinseroo99
kinseroo99

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley! Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:28 pm

mmm freeziei pops!
i know we have access to a fridge, but do you think theres a freezer we can use?
Hayley!
Hayley!

Back to top Go down

Post by kinseroo99 Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:47 pm

That is a very good question. I hope we do.
kinseroo99
kinseroo99

Back to top Go down

Post by kiru_ayameru Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:06 pm

Hayley! wrote:mmm freeziei pops!
i know we have access to a fridge, but do you think theres a freezer we can use?

it's most likly going to be one of those minis that have a tiny freezer box at the top. just big enough to slide for boxes of hot pockets or a couple trays of ice
kiru_ayameru
kiru_ayameru

http://myspace.com/sexy_kyo

Back to top Go down

Post by stormyskye Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:15 am

Hey guys!
I'm Skye very happy
I'm in Leesburg (loudoun county) and i go to Heritage High School
ummmmm and i'm up til the wee morning hours almost every night, mostly for no particular reason, but tonight to get my SAT scores before i go on an (almost) week long college tour tomorrow morning! well....actually this morning lol Smile and i had tons of fun at Red Robin with some of the Northern Virginianers (s/p?!)

very happy
stormyskye
stormyskye

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwen Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:51 pm

I'm Gwen :DDD
I live in Christiansburg which is 6+ hours from Christopher Newport. DX

I love to experiment with different media, but so far my top favorites are watercolors, gouache, and acrylic inks. I, too, am a mixed media freak.
Style? I haven't really developed my own yet. I don't think so, anyway.

I had braces until last year, and thought that was the end of it. Then they shoved retainers in my mouth. ;___;
Gwen
Gwen

Back to top Go down

Post by NitaBita101 Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:24 pm

kool

Last edited by NitaBita101 on Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
NitaBita101
NitaBita101

Back to top Go down

Post by lamvy131 Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:57 pm

hey guys! im Lamvy Smile and for all you guys with braces...top this: i had braces for 4 years, got them off and then a month later i got them on again for another 2 years. wore a HEADGEAR (god help me. at least it was only at night haha). had an expander, surgery, and 2 teeth pulled. and i thought i was done. but after all that, i neglected to wear my retainers haha. i thinkk its safe to say im getting braces in the near future Razz
anywaysss like anisha ive never taken any other art classes outside of school before so im hoping gov school will help me find my own style. i really like printmaking and working with clay. i also like painting with acrylic.
i really want to see your guys' amazing artwork! i think we can post pics on here right? i havnt tried but ill do it right now
lamvy131
lamvy131

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwen Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:01 pm

Hey lamvy, there's a thread floating around here with pictures of people's work: https://govschool.forumotion.com/water-cooler-f2/portfolio-show-and-tell-t193.htm

I haven't posted anything yet though Embarassed
Gwen
Gwen

Back to top Go down

Post by lamvy131 Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:06 pm

https://servimg.com/view/14045662/3
try this if it works. i used one of the tab buttons right above the text box that you type your post in. its a pic of a clay purse i made
lamvy131
lamvy131

Back to top Go down

Post by lamvy131 Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:08 pm

oh i didnt see your post! thanks! wow how did they get their pics on the thread? im suchh a tech dummy...
lamvy131
lamvy131

Back to top Go down

Post by kinseroo99 Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:09 pm

its kinda complicated, and it tooks me several tries to get it right haha trial and error. and is that purse made out of clay?!?
kinseroo99
kinseroo99

Back to top Go down

Post by lamvy131 Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:18 pm

haha yup
wait so do i press one of those buttons above the text box? you know waht im talking about?
lamvy131
lamvy131

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwen Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:22 pm

Yeah. Mouse over the green box-looking thing and it should say 'image.' I think you post the URL of your image there and it should post.
Gwen
Gwen

Back to top Go down

Post by lamvy131 Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:24 pm

Visual arts: let's get to know each other! 3
ohhh gotcha thanks! alright....i hope this works haha
lamvy131
lamvy131

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next