Governor's School for Humanities and Visual & Performing Arts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

randomness

+22
Gwen
maryanntc
Billy!
kinseroo99
Anne Flint
Nicole Boyd
kellyshiei♥
J. K.
sambury
Caty Regan
oliviah
eksmith3
kristinnn
angelofmusic208
quad
LAMeadows
FoodFanatic
androgynousmermen@verizon
Allstagdup
kt2u155
Natalie Zhen
iheartnyc2010
26 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

randomness Empty randomness

Post by iheartnyc2010 Sat May 02, 2009 4:53 pm

So. . .on here we've covered name age location section of gschool and even food. Personally i find thats its the small random details that make people and life is general the most interesting. Smile so i'm intrigued. . .
iheartnyc2010
iheartnyc2010

Location : I kid you not...a place that has a "drive your tractor to school day".....yeah I know!

Back to top Go down

randomness Empty Re: randomness

Post by iheartnyc2010 Sat May 02, 2009 5:11 pm

as for me. . . hm. . . i had heart surgery when i was three. I cry at the movie ice age but laughed at old yeller. i despise the country and am counting down the days until i can move to the city. I stepped in a huge puddle of pee on a street corner in nyc trying to get an autograph at RENT. . .which i have seen on stage 4 times. I have ADD though most people who know me say they would have never guessed. I saw the backstreet boys in concert in 3rd grade and aaron carter in 5th. At this moment i am watching seven pounds and i'm super excited for gov school!
iheartnyc2010
iheartnyc2010

Location : I kid you not...a place that has a "drive your tractor to school day".....yeah I know!

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalie Zhen Sat May 02, 2009 8:41 pm

I had to have a vein in my nose cauterized when I was little because I would have spontaneous, violent nosebleeds. I have ambyopia where my left eye is lazy and ruins my depth perception. I have never broken a bone! I think that the suburbs are ugly and illogically designed. When I re-watch Harry Potter movies (I love Harry Potter!) I sometimes fall asleep before they get to Hogwarts. That's pretty pathetic...
Natalie Zhen
Natalie Zhen

Back to top Go down

Post by iheartnyc2010 Sat May 02, 2009 8:47 pm

lol not at all i jumped on the harry potter band wagon two weeks before the last book came out. I read the first 6 in less than 2 weeks and the last one i got at midnight and read straight through. Haha
iheartnyc2010
iheartnyc2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalie Zhen Sat May 02, 2009 8:52 pm

Ah! I jumped back on the Harry Potter bandwagon at the release of OotP, and by the seventh, I planned had my entire summer around Deathly Hallows. Originally they had scheduled release for 7/7/07, but then it was moved on the 21st. NOOOO! I think I cried. I was going a tiny Alaskan town with no way to get the book. I ended up getting it 10 hours late: 10am Alaskan time in Anchorage. Finished it on the plane at 8 pm. What a great book ;
Natalie Zhen
Natalie Zhen

Back to top Go down

Post by iheartnyc2010 Sat May 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Only book besides green mile i have ever bawled at!
iheartnyc2010
iheartnyc2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalie Zhen Sat May 02, 2009 8:58 pm

Well, I always blubber when I read "The lost prophecy" in Order of the Phoenix. Actually, I blubber a lot when I read sad books. And watch sad movies. I'm a sucker for happy endings : )
Natalie Zhen
Natalie Zhen

Back to top Go down

Post by kt2u155 Sat May 02, 2009 10:45 pm

Well i have never broken a bone and I am incapable of falling asleep during a movie.

Even when once my younger cousin wanted to watch Sharkboy and Lavagirl....I tried to go to sleep with no avail.

I used to believe that if I imagined something one way then it wouldn't happen so I tried to imagine it the opposite so it would work like I wanted it to...(did that make any sense?)

I dressed up for the midnight opening for the seventh harry potter books and I was hooked when the first one came out. My grandparents were the first to read them to my sister and I.

I have a dog named Smokey. Who is white and black; therefore, not smokey coloured at all.
kt2u155
kt2u155

Back to top Go down

Post by Allstagdup Sun May 03, 2009 1:08 am

kt2u155 omg the thing about imagining things opposite i still do that!
I, to this, day hold lame swim records at my old pool haha which is lame cuz now i laugh that i did sports
i sweat haha get used to it
smoothies are better than candies
i habitually check facebook/aol
i took my SATs today and i suck at them ahaha
Allstagdup
Allstagdup

Back to top Go down

Post by androgynousmermen@verizon Sun May 03, 2009 6:52 pm

I do the imagining opposite thing too... which I think kind of does work....it's wierd.

I have had stiches in my eyebrow, steriods for the worst case of poison ivy in the history of my life, and have also never broken a bone.

I start to drift off during action movies (all the lack of plot and too many special effets are just...)

I make the best meatballs ever eventhough I'm a vegetarian.

I like to make jewelry, it's calming.

Eventhough I can't spell/use commas I find myself correcting people's grammar like a grammar nazi.

I hate math. No, really when I was little I designated an entire room of the house as the "NON MATH ROOM" and if my Dad tried to explain some horrifyingly difficlut concept like multiplication I'd say "NOPE, NO MATH ROOM" and insist we talk later in a different location.

I am afraid of wind and spiders...

I love RHPS, Oddities, ferro rochero...i can go on...

Last edited by androgynousmermen@verizon on Mon May 04, 2009 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by FoodFanatic Sun May 03, 2009 7:03 pm

Ferrero Rochers are delicious Smile
FoodFanatic
FoodFanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by LAMeadows Sun May 03, 2009 7:20 pm

Ferrero Rochers are delicious.
There better be a place where we can buy them while at Gov. School.
=]
LAMeadows
LAMeadows

Back to top Go down

Post by quad Mon May 04, 2009 5:52 pm

WOAH!!! i think of something and then i want to believe something else because i feel that if i think about it too much it won't happen ahahahahah i thought i was alone!

i can't just chew my food and swallow, i have to shovel everything in and i cant take breaks. then i get stomach aches.

i love fresh air.

i hate bees. deathly terrifed.

sometimes when i'm in a bad mood, my friend and i go skipping because it really makes you feel ridiculous and it feels so good...lol

sometimes i get shivers when i heard a certain part of a song.... i hate it i feel so dumb.... but i'm kinda obsessed with music.

i have 9983 songs on my ipod and i'll probably have 10000 in the next week.

i've legit choreographed dozens of dances in my head.

i wish i could dance naked in a large clean field during even summer thunderstorm... i kinda did it once but theres not many opportunities where i am now.... maybe during gov school? ahahahha
quad
quad

http://flickr.com/wasketch

Back to top Go down

Post by androgynousmermen@verizon Mon May 04, 2009 6:52 pm

LOL Quad... that just made my life... I would LOVE to dance naked in a large clean feild during an evening thunderstorm! as well as Stock up on Ferror Rocheros... It's kinda sad but I actually have an entire study method planned around doing a certain alotment of work and then rewarding myself with a Ferro Rochero. Yes there better be a place to get some... Wow i feel like you ppl are reading my mind...O.o...very happy

Back to top Go down

Post by androgynousmermen@verizon Mon May 04, 2009 6:54 pm

Oh and I shiver during some increidbly emotional songs I love... again not alone with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalie Zhen Mon May 04, 2009 7:49 pm

As to dancing naked in a large clean field during an evening thunderstorm, count me in, but I hope you're taller so the lightning hits you instead of me ; )

I don't skip; rather, I like to call it frolicking. I have frolicked down the medians on Monument Ave in the dark. Some of my friends did it in their underwear, but I was a mere freshman and did not truly understand the meaning of carpe diem : (
Natalie Zhen
Natalie Zhen

Back to top Go down

Post by FoodFanatic Mon May 04, 2009 8:01 pm

Randomness, hm?

I LOVE FOOD, as you all probably already know.
I'm a big video game and grammar nerd, although I don't have nerdy glasses.
I like to exercise (sometimes)
A kid tripped me once in the first grade and I never forgave him.
I'm REALLY passionate about becoming a surgeon.

Aussi, j'aime la langue française! J'aurais appliqué à l'école française du gouverneur, mais j'étais effrayé que je ne serais pas accepté! Et je ne suis pas assuré avec mes habilités parlant :/
FoodFanatic
FoodFanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by iheartnyc2010 Mon May 04, 2009 8:03 pm

Wade, I get random chills at amazing songs too!! Especially when they hit pretty notes. lol glad I'm not alone Smile
iheartnyc2010
iheartnyc2010

Back to top Go down

Post by androgynousmermen@verizon Mon May 04, 2009 10:33 pm

I have this spooky feeling that one of the RAs or aministrators is going to come and see all the "Running through the field naked" posts and give a kind but stern lecture about how "no... Gov school is NOT about summer orgies..." etc... LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by quad Mon May 04, 2009 11:33 pm

i'm not trying to start a fuss with my nakedness... just a little thing i wanted to share....

another thing: art's my passion, but for a long time i REALLY wanted to be a dermatologist. kinda random.... i love these topics.
quad
quad

http://flickr.com/wasketch

Back to top Go down

Post by angelofmusic208 Tue May 05, 2009 12:30 am

I think we should have a group nakedness run through a field
haha what are they going to do with us this summer...?

Random things about me..hrm

Cold pie. is the best
I actually have a great love for classical music but will listen to anything BUT country. i occasionally like french rap lol.
ive got panic disorder but prefomring onstage doesn't bother me at all
Music can totally change my mood.
White tigers own.
I speak a wierd mixture of Spanish/French/English in daily conversation.
Cheese is possibly the best thing created. also strawberries
Im a major quotes person. I love quotes. and lyrics.
I really want to be an ER nurse.
Croatia is my favorite country on the planet.

voila
angelofmusic208
angelofmusic208

Back to top Go down

Post by kristinnn Tue May 05, 2009 12:01 pm

wait i feel so like...boringly healthy next to all of you guys! haha but i did break my wrist on valentines day in eighth grade! i was horseback riding and my horse flipped out hahaha. oh and when i was little like 3 my ears used to bleed. soooo thats cool i guess.

umm i fall asleep during every movie. even the best ones i cant stop myself!

i have to eat my food evenly like when i eat cheezeits i have to chew one cracker on the right side and one cracker on the left.

and i also love harry potter!! i dont think i ever dressed up though i think my mom got the books for me at midnight...she loves them as much as i do hahaha

are there fields at cnu??
kristinnn
kristinnn

Back to top Go down

Post by eksmith3 Tue May 05, 2009 2:02 pm

Hey Everyone! I'm Elaine and I'm an RA... I think your randomness is amazing, although I'd rather not be around for any nakedness. Not so much on fields at CNU... there are a few grassy areas.

Angel... Croatia??? Really? I have a friend who studied in Croatia for a semester. He taught me how to say "My mother has a red sweater" which is fairly useless for anyone except for me. My goal is to learn that phrase in as many languages as possible. That's pretty random santa (Just like the santa smiley!)
eksmith3
eksmith3

Back to top Go down

Post by oliviah Tue May 05, 2009 5:26 pm

Hmm...random facts about me?
I'm a bubble gum addict.
Frank Sinatra is the man.
I'm trying to teach myself how to play the harmonica.
Running puts me in a good mood.
I want to go into the Peace Corps after college.
I love thunderstorms.
I kind of want to be an astronuat.
oliviah
oliviah

Back to top Go down

Post by oliviah Tue May 05, 2009 5:29 pm

Wait, so who all here is actually in the Governors School program at their school? Because I am most definitly not. Haha.
oliviah
oliviah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum