Governor's School for Humanities and Visual & Performing Arts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many students are coming?

3 posters

Go down

How many students are coming? Empty How many students are coming?

Post by sjohnso3 Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:48 am

So I saw the preponderance of theatre students posting in the intro thread and I have to agree with the assessment that they are typically more outgoing as they certainly aren't the majority. Which led me to the question, how many student are coming?

Well, I can't officially answer that since the responses are still coming in to the initial invite, but here are the numbers as they were invited:

Humanities - 197
Dance - 25
Theatre - 48
Visual Art - 45
Vocal - 28
Instrumental - 57

Total: 400

We'll invite alternates to keep our total at 400 should anybody decline (we've had 2 declines and about 80 students yet to respond.)

I think about 1/16 of that number have posted, so it is a small sample. This discussion board is mentioned in the mailing I'm getting out next week and traffic usually jumps a bit then.
sjohnso3
sjohnso3
Director

http://govschool.cnu.edu

Back to top Go down

How many students are coming? Empty Re: How many students are coming?

Post by iDraw'09 Tue May 05, 2009 9:40 pm

43 visual art students?! I'm soooo excited!! very happy oh, and it'll be nice to meet the other studets as well, of course! ^^;
iDraw'09
iDraw'09

Back to top Go down

Post by LAMeadows Wed May 06, 2009 5:26 pm

I'm actually surprised by the numbers.
I thought there were supposed to be 200 Humanities students in total.
197 seems like an odd number (which it is, haha; it's also prime, and I HATE prime numbers), but does that mean somebody is going to end up getting their own room?
LAMeadows
LAMeadows

Back to top Go down

Post by sjohnso3 Fri May 08, 2009 12:33 am

200 is the target number - sometimes it is more, sometimes it is less. Because of the arts program, we sometimes have slightly fewer humanities students. And sometimes it is the reverse, with more humanities than arts.

Nobody gets their own room, unless a student drops at the last minute and we are unable to fill the vacancy. (Or we discover too late than we've roomed opposite genders together...) Because all the rooms are double occupancy, we strive to have even numbers of males and females overall.

And these numbers are still preliminary. We will get some declines and then readjust depending on who the top students are on the alternate list.
sjohnso3
sjohnso3
Director

http://govschool.cnu.edu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down