Theatre Monologues <insert exciting title substitute here>

Go down

Theatre Monologues <insert exciting title substitute here> Empty Theatre Monologues <insert exciting title substitute here>

Post by bhamp on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:46 pm

TO ALL MY FELLOW THEATRE STUDENTS:

I hope that I am not alone in my crazy last minute quest to find the "ultimate monologue" for use during Gov School this summer.

That being the said, I was curious if there are any suggestions as to what may be a good source for finding said monologues. I am going to hit up my local Library in the morning to see what they have to offer. Also I might see as to what bookstores in a 10 mile radius (there are about 12) have to offer too.
study

If there are any other suggestions that would make my anxiety level go below the spontaneous combustion marker would they would be greatly appreciated!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
bhamp
bhamp

Location : Wishing I was a tomato... oh wait... LOCATION... ha.... Winchester.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Theatre Monologues <insert exciting title substitute here> Empty Re: Theatre Monologues <insert exciting title substitute here>

Post by dsennett on Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:23 pm

Take a breath, kiddo. Really, I swear, it's just a monologue. You already auditioned and got the part. Do something you like, have some fun. There are things worth losing sleep over, but this ain't one of 'em.

AN ANNOUNCEMENT OF GREAT IMPORTANCE FOR ALL THEATRICIANS

Remember, there's a reason they call it a "play."

Forget the library -- nothing there (this is true no matter where you live). Definitely forget the internet. Seriously, monologues are probably the ONLY thing you CAN'T find on the net. Hit Barnes and Noble, or Borders, grab a non-caffienated drink, and flip through some of the monologue books they sell. The first one that makes you react out loud is probably the right one for you -- one that makes you laugh, or sigh, or shudder, or scoff. No matter what you do, don't spend too much energy on this. You'll want your energy for the weeks of Gov School. Just around the corner!

Now...a question for you: what kind of ball do they use in a baseball game?

David

dsennett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Theatre Monologues <insert exciting title substitute here> Empty Re: Theatre Monologues <insert exciting title substitute here>

Post by bhamp on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:13 am

So.... you don't want an excerpt from a play?

Any monologue will do?

Because that would make my life a lot easier. ^_^
bhamp
bhamp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bhamp on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:14 am

and..... a baseball is used in baseball? maybe? Why does this feel like a trick question???

-Bianca
bhamp
bhamp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum