What will be in the rooms and bathrooms when we arrive?

Go down

What will be in the rooms and bathrooms when we arrive? Empty What will be in the rooms and bathrooms when we arrive?

Post by Guest on Sun May 31, 2009 8:20 pm

Can anyone expand on the list given in the student handbook on things to bring? What's already going to be in the rooms and bathrrooms when we arrive? scratch

Last edited by sjohnso3 on Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more descriptive subject)

Back to top Go down

What will be in the rooms and bathrooms when we arrive? Empty Re: What will be in the rooms and bathrooms when we arrive?

Post by angelofmusic208 on Sun May 31, 2009 10:47 pm

in addition.
are there any pictures of the insides of the rooms yet?
angelofmusic208
angelofmusic208

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What will be in the rooms and bathrooms when we arrive? Empty Re: What will be in the rooms and bathrooms when we arrive?

Post by sjohnso3 on Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:22 pm

Really, the only information I have about the rooms is what CNU provides on its website and that's what was listed in the Student Handbook. I've never stayed in the rooms and have only briefly been in one to get a general sense of it.

You or your roommate will probably want to bring a bath mat for the bathroom. The rooms themselves are carpeted. Cleaning supplies for the bathroom should also be on your list as cleaning the bathroom is your responsibility (and 4 weeks is a long time....) Institutional toilet paper will be provided.

There is a microwave and a small fridge - it is a Pepsi campus so if you are Coca-Cola fiend like me, you will need to bring your own.

I've tried to locate pictures of the inside of the rooms but have had no luck and we won't have access to the dorm until July 2. The rooms aren't huge, but I've seen smaller.

sjohnso3
Director

View user profile http://govschool.cnu.edu

Back to top Go down

Post by quad on Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:45 pm

so are the bathrooms in the rooms the only ones in the dorms?
are there no [communal] restrooms in the resident halls?
one bathroom for 4 people sounds tough....
quad
quad

View user profile http://flickr.com/wasketch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:46 pm

it is a Pepsi campus so if you are Coca-Cola fiend like me, you will need to bring your own.
No Coke?!?!?! affraid NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info though!

Back to top Go down

Post by sjohnso3 on Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:23 am

There are no hall bathrooms - it is all suite bathrooms. So yup, 4 people sharing. The nice thing is that each room has its own sink, so that eases up the demand a bit.

sjohnso3
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by eksmith3 on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:21 pm

If you search CNU dorm room pictures on Google you can find some pictures that people have posted of the dorm rooms. They seem to be pretty typical as far as dorm rooms go and much better than what I lived in a few years ago!
eksmith3
eksmith3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim_Collison on Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:08 pm

Great idea on searching for images, Elaine! In addition to Google images, there's roughly 8 pictures of the insides of the CNU dorms on Flickr (clicky to see). Of course, I'm not sure if this is our dorm, but the style should be very similar. Smile
Jim_Collison
Jim_Collison

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by christophchica on Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:04 pm

yep, according to raisedlefteyebrow aka osita, the rooms are kinda nice. but idk about you guys, i'm bringing my own toilet paper.
christophchica
christophchica

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quad on Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:21 pm

christophchica wrote:but idk about you guys, i'm bringing my own toilet paper.

well of course!! it's always gotta be soft for me.... hahahahahahhah
quad
quad

View user profile http://flickr.com/wasketch

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Flint on Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:07 pm

I got into one of the dorms for a few minutes (I went to visit the campus). They're actually pretty big. The walls are ugly, white brick so bring things to hang up. Everything else just looks like the standard dorm.
Anne Flint
Anne Flint

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sjohnso3 on Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:49 pm

And when bringing things to hang on the wall, be sure to bring adhesive that is removable and won't leave a mark. No nails or screws or thumbtacks or anything else that would damage the wall. Would hate to be sending you (and your roommate) a bill for wall repairs after the program is over!

Oh, and the toilet paper is not a half-bad idea. While we will be providing rolls, it is of the institutional variety and I'm sure won't be winning any awards for softness.

sjohnso3
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum