Ack! I haven't mailed back the forms yet. What should I do

Go down

Ack!  I haven't mailed back the forms yet.  What should I do Empty Ack! I haven''t mailed back the forms yet. What should I do?

Post by sjohnso3 on Tue May 19, 2009 8:59 am

First, don't panic. We will not kick you out of Governor's School...yet. We understand life happens and deadlines sneak up.

Second, make sure we have your course preferences right away.** That is the most time sensitive of the information we request as we will be making course assignments shortly. Though we won't kick you out of Gov School for being late with the forms, we may kick you out of your top choices if they happen to be the popular ones. This applies even if you sent the course forms right away but failed to follow-up with the others in a timely manner. (Hey, there has to be some consequence for missing the deadline!) Basically, when a class is too big, the first people we move to their second (or third) choice are those whose files aren't yet complete.

Third, get those forms finished and put them in the mail! No need to overnight them at this point, but if you would feel better sending them priority mail, that wouldn't be a bad thing.

Fourth, do NOT fax the forms. You are going to have to follow up with the originals anyway and it is still May. A day or two isn't going to break us.

Fifth, shoot the office an email letting us know the forms are in the mail. We will soon be following up with those we don't have forms for and that would save us having to follow up with you. Believe it or not, we have had some students decide not to come after they said they were and never think they might want to tell us. They just don't send the forms in and assume we'll figure it out. doh

Now, if I can only get the people to whom this post applies to read it and stop calling me...Ack!  I haven't mailed back the forms yet.  What should I do Incoming

very happy

** To get us your course preferences right away, either do the electronic submission, email your choices, or fax the forms. (This is the one exception to the "no fax" rule.)

sjohnso3
Director

View user profile http://govschool.cnu.edu

Back to top Go down

Ack!  I haven't mailed back the forms yet.  What should I do Empty Re: Ack! I haven't mailed back the forms yet. What should I do

Post by Billy! on Tue May 19, 2009 9:55 pm

Out of curiosity, is the Musical Theater Seminar one of the most popular choices? Sad
Billy!
Billy!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ack!  I haven't mailed back the forms yet.  What should I do Empty Re: Ack! I haven't mailed back the forms yet. What should I do

Post by Allstagdup on Wed May 20, 2009 7:40 pm

i hope not cuz i want in
Allstagdup
Allstagdup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sjohnso3 on Sat May 23, 2009 6:59 pm

I don't have the numbers all compiled yet, but once I make all the assignments, I'll share a bit more about how the process went and how far down the lists of choices we had to go...as a general rule. The seminars are new this year so I have no idea how many students will get their first choice.

sjohnso3
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by MarvelousLight on Mon May 25, 2009 1:48 pm

I never got comfirmation about my course signups online. I signed up the day after it went online. Should I be worried?
MarvelousLight
MarvelousLight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike on Mon May 25, 2009 2:57 pm

I didn't get an email confirmation either, was that supposed to be immediate or not until they've decided what classes you're in?
Mike
Mike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sjohnso3 on Wed May 27, 2009 11:05 pm

If we received an email with your course form attached, then you should have received an email saying we got it. They weren't immediate, but they did go out within 24 hours.

If you use the web to do your email, you would have had to attach the completed form to an email you create. If you use Outlook or another desktop client, the submit button would automatically create the email and attach the form (though you'd still have to hit send.) Smile

If you did not receive a confirmation email, you should send it again. Better for us to have it twice than not at all.

sjohnso3
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike on Wed May 27, 2009 11:53 pm

Okay thank you. I just realized what the problem was. My computer is too old and didn't have the acrobat reader program. When I clicked submit the instructions to email it didn't come up, so I ended up having to use a different computer. I hope this doesn't mess up my course selections too much.
Mike
Mike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike on Thu May 28, 2009 11:37 pm

I still didn't get a confirmation email. What am I doing wrong? I did exactly what the instructions said after I pressed submit. I'm not really sure what to do now. Is there anything that I could've messed up on?
Mike
Mike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sjohnso3 on Sat May 30, 2009 2:32 pm

Complete the form and hit save.
Save the completed form on your computer and remember where you saved it.
Go into your email and create a new message to govschool@cnu.edu.
Add as an attachment the PDF that you completed and saved to your computer.

Last resort, just send govschool@cnu.edu an email and put your course selections in the body of the email - rank and course ID number is all I need.

sjohnso3
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike on Sat May 30, 2009 2:34 pm

sending it directly to govschool@cnu.edu right now.
Mike
Mike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike on Sun May 31, 2009 7:51 pm

Thank you so much!!! I'm sorry I was such a pain, I was just stressing out a lot! Thanks for being patient as I struggled with that whole process very happy.
Mike
Mike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Billy! on Sun May 31, 2009 8:04 pm

I am still so scared. I hope I got my top choice Sad .
Billy!
Billy!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allstagdup on Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:34 pm

agreed billy agreed
Allstagdup
Allstagdup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PocketOtaku on Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:01 pm

The second packet I received told me that I was missing the Authorizations form, and I checked the site given for the duplicate, but I can't seem to find it.
Can anyone post a link?

PocketOtaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AceOfSpadez on Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:39 pm

PocketOtaku wrote:The second packet I received told me that I was missing the Authorizations form, and I checked the site given for the duplicate, but I can't seem to find it.
Can anyone post a link?
U mean this?
http://govschool.cnu.edu/documents/mailing/authorizations.pdf
AceOfSpadez
AceOfSpadez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum