Governor's School for Humanities and Visual & Performing Arts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Question Game

+34
applesnoranges
kt2u155
maryanntc
kinseroo99
pops
kiru_ayameru
Paige
Anne Flint
William_Hay
kristinnn
MUN/BAND=LIFE
bhamp
kellyshiei♥
mishlelles
carolineb
AceOfSpadez
sambury
Lauren
FoodFanatic
g-landrunner25
Mike
simply_sammij
sjohnso3
LAMeadows
eksmith3
androgynousmermen@verizon
iheartnyc2010
~Kirsten~
quad
DanDanTheOboeMan
Natalie Zhen
larkawash
J. K.
oliviah
38 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Question Game - Page 2 Empty Re: The Question Game

Post by iheartnyc2010 Tue May 19, 2009 8:11 pm

I would be Allie from The Notebook....come on I'm a girl, do I really need to explain that one? either that or Hermione from Harry Potter, once again rather self explanatory. =)

What is your ringtone? (or if you have multiple ones?)
iheartnyc2010
iheartnyc2010

Location : I kid you not...a place that has a "drive your tractor to school day".....yeah I know!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Tue May 19, 2009 8:26 pm

I always leave my phone on vibrate, so I don't really have one. If I really wanted to go buy a ringtone I'd probably get New Slang or another shins song.

What quality/characteristic annoys you most in other people?
Mike
Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by g-landrunner25 Tue May 19, 2009 9:12 pm

Ignorance. Not really all ignorant people, but the ones who are ignorant and pretend not to be. Or just think they know everything.

What quality/characteristic do you most like in other people?
g-landrunner25
g-landrunner25

Back to top Go down

Post by larkawash Tue May 19, 2009 9:37 pm

Humor. I like hanging with people who have a good humor since I love to laugh. The world be SO boring without some jokes here or there. very happy

Who is your favorite historical person?
larkawash
larkawash

Back to top Go down

Post by FoodFanatic Tue May 19, 2009 9:52 pm

My favorite historical person is definitely Bismarck. His ability to take advantage of the situation at any given time is a quality I admire!

If you had to call only ONE person before you went on an lifelong adventure to a deserted island, who would it be? (I replaced "before you died" with this example because I thought it was too somber)
FoodFanatic
FoodFanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren Wed May 20, 2009 8:48 pm

My best friend. She would be the most encouraging and enthusiastic, and would understand why I was going in the first place (and wouldn't hate me for leaving everyone! very happy)

Okay this is two questions but I think they're relevant:
What is your biggest aspiration regarding governor's school? In other words, what do you hope to accomplish/learn?
What is your biggest fear about it?
Lauren
Lauren

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalie Zhen Wed May 20, 2009 9:30 pm

I want to make great art.
I fear feeling out of the loop and missing the full experience.

If you knew that the contents of your room where going to revealed to the world (including your parents), would you remove anything to prevent its discovery? If so, what?
Natalie Zhen
Natalie Zhen

Back to top Go down

Post by quad Wed May 20, 2009 9:44 pm

hahahah thats a good one!! i'd probably go digging for any weird drawings i ever did that might...freak people out. lol. along with a journal my friend and i wrote in about.....well.... yeah. Wink

if you were a ghost, who would you haunt?
quad
quad

http://flickr.com/wasketch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren Wed May 20, 2009 9:47 pm

My mom, because I frequently tease her about her unwavering beliefs regarding the supernatural. Smile And a girl from my school that could really use a good haunting, hahaha very happy

If you had the chance to say something to someone with no consequences, what would you say, to who, and why?
Lauren
Lauren

Back to top Go down

Post by iheartnyc2010 Wed May 20, 2009 10:12 pm

I would tell my mom exactly where she can shove her healthy diet food. I want some freakin calories in my house for once!!! haha

How is your room decorated? Does it represent you?
iheartnyc2010
iheartnyc2010

Location : I kid you not...a place that has a "drive your tractor to school day".....yeah I know!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Wed May 20, 2009 10:17 pm

My room is painted light green and has a little kid jungle border both of which have been there since i was really little, so that's not really representative of me. But i have a The Office calender on my wall, a swiss flag (random), some of my numbers from running, and a cork board. So really its pretty random and not really extremely representative of me.

What song lyric inspires the most emotion in you, what emotion, and why?
Mike
Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by iheartnyc2010 Wed May 20, 2009 10:24 pm

I know i JUST answered one but this one excites me so I'm going to go ahead and go again very happy

" I am the one who held you, I am the one who cried. I am the one who watched while you died. I am the one who loved you. I tried pretending that I don't give a d*mn but you've always known who I am."

Its from Next to Normal. I don't know why I love it so much but it gives me chills. The story behind it is hard to explain but its AMAZING!! Mix in the voices and....yes please Smile

Who was your first love? (real or celebrity)
iheartnyc2010
iheartnyc2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalie Zhen Wed May 20, 2009 10:38 pm

I don't think I've really fallen in love yet. But my first crush was a boy named Justin. We were in different classes in second grade, but I saw his artwork in the hall and developed the biggest crush ever. He was super quiet and socially challenged, but that boy had a God sent gift for art. I had an obsessive crush all the way up until 4th grade when my senses came crashing back to me; I realized that any relationship with a boy who couldn't hold a conversation for beans was useless and silly. The end.

If you were sent to Hell, would you rather be condemned to eternal Stairmaster or eternal (and excessive) vomiting? Why?
Natalie Zhen
Natalie Zhen

Back to top Go down

Post by sambury Thu May 21, 2009 5:42 pm

i would probably want (well not want but prefer) stairmaster because atleast you can decide how fast you can go. With vomiting, well, that just stinks and its a hurt that hurts after its been hurt(:

How many times have you moved and if so, do you miss where you grew up?

sambury

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren Thu May 21, 2009 6:13 pm

I've moved once, from northern VA to Newport News. I miss some aspects of it. There was little traffic and the scenery was nicer. But there's a lot more to DO here, so in some ways, I'm glad I moved.

What would you want written on your tombstone? (the morbidity!)
Lauren
Lauren

Back to top Go down

Post by AceOfSpadez Thu May 21, 2009 6:31 pm

My name, birth year and death year. That's it.
No point in putting a lot of time and energy into something that I won't ever read.

What is your biggest pet peeve?
AceOfSpadez
AceOfSpadez

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren Thu May 21, 2009 6:34 pm

People walking very slowly or being loud/obnoxious in public places (usually school hallways.)

What is your most unusual behavior/personality quirk/obsession/trait/etc?
Lauren
Lauren

Back to top Go down

Post by larkawash Thu May 21, 2009 8:05 pm

I always smile and I'm always moving. For instance, when I eat dinner, I walk around. Can't explain it! Lol Razz

First impression is important. So, what do you believe people think of you in first impression?
larkawash
larkawash

Back to top Go down

Post by simply_sammij Thu May 21, 2009 9:11 pm

Probably that I'm really quiet, keep to myself and hopefully that I'm
nice...but if they get to know me I can be the opposite(well except for the nice part because I try to be nice to everyone). sunny

If you could change one thing about your life, yourself or a decision you've made, what would it be?
simply_sammij
simply_sammij

http://www.myspace.com/navybrat123

Back to top Go down

Post by carolineb Fri May 22, 2009 1:50 am

if i could change one thing about my life, i would add more siblings! haha, i have one older brother, and i'm sure this is a grass is greener situation, but i love the atmosphere of a big close family, and that is what i would have loved to have been a part of. so maybe we we throw in a sister and another brother?
i also think that your friends are the siblings that you choose. i hope everyone makes a sibling at governor's school =)

hmmmm....
if you could sit in on the mind of someone you know, and experience their life for a day, listening to their thoughts and understanding how they reason through situations, would you do it? why or why not? and if so, who would the person be?
the catch is the person you choose gets to do the same thing to you one day.
carolineb
carolineb

Back to top Go down

Post by oliviah Fri May 22, 2009 3:17 pm

For a day, I would do it. If the question were different and I was privvy to their thoughts 24/7, I'd say no. As convenient as that would be, I think that that would take away a lot from life. Working to understand people is one of those life lessons/obstacles that everyone has to go through.
But as for who I would choose, this is kind of a weird answer, I guess, but I think it would be cool to sit in on a crazy persons thoughts for a day. Just to really see how their brain works. I think it would be really interesting.

Um...
Ooh. Here's a big one.
What would you say is the meaning of life?
oliviah
oliviah

Back to top Go down

Post by iheartnyc2010 Fri May 22, 2009 4:47 pm

oooo deep... I'm going to say happiness. For some people hapiness is love, for some people happiness is faith, and for some happiness is success.

going with the morbidity trend that has been kinda started...
Do you have a Bucket List? (what to do before i die list) If so, what are some of your top things to do?
iheartnyc2010
iheartnyc2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Fri May 22, 2009 5:47 pm

I haven't really thought of it in that sense before. I mean there are definitely things I want to do before I die, but I haven't really ever sat down and been like okay I want to do this and this and this. But some things I want to do before I die are right an impacting article (ideally about Africa or something), live in NYC, join the Peace Corps, travel to at least 5 continents, i don't really want to say any of the cliche ones so let's leave it at that.

If you could be in any book as any character, what book and character would it be and why?
Mike
Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by mishlelles Fri May 22, 2009 8:59 pm

This games seems fun! very happy
hmm... I would probably want to be Elizabeth from Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. She's such an appealing character because she's clever and she's not afraid to show girl power, but at the same time, she's classy and beautiful. She's also very caring and loyal.

Do you believe in fate or do you think everything in life is the result of your choices? (I'm still feeling the after-effects of my IB psych exam! very happy)
mishlelles
mishlelles

Back to top Go down

Post by larkawash Sat May 23, 2009 12:39 pm

I believe life is like a book that was already written for you and people just unconsiously go along with the actions of their "book." So, I think my explanation is fate. Smile

If you could go back into the past to fix something, would you? Why or why not?
larkawash
larkawash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next