Running Group!

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Running Group!

Post by MarissAHHH on Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:08 pm

I think there should definitly be like 2 groups for running.

#1 for the hardcore cross country kids that do like 3 miles just for a warmup.

#2 for the non-track athletes that just need to stay in shape for another sport.
avatar
MarissAHHH

Posts : 4
Join date : 2009-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Group!

Post by Natalie Zhen on Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:20 pm

Yeah, I was hoping that we could do that. I'm a cross country kid, but I have a lot of training to do before I can do 3 miles for warm up. If everyone on this thread is up for running every morning, we'll have a good base group. No one should ever have to run alone or at a pace he/she isn't comfortable with : )
avatar
Natalie Zhen

Posts : 209
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 26
Location : Not at school : )

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Group!

Post by Kearneyrunner on Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:10 pm

jmacg wrote:I am a runner and coach and there are some places around the campus where you can run. The Track has been open in the past and should be again although I know they are replacing and resurfacing the Track. There is a great trail off campus called the Noland Trail and I am not sure if that will be off limits. We may be able to work something out.

Jeff


Jeff that'd be awesome! I know my legs enjoy the soft feeling of trail running, that's all I've been doing for the past month, so if this were possible, well, that'd be awesome! Who do you coach for?
avatar
Kearneyrunner

Posts : 16
Join date : 2009-05-02
Age : 25
Location : Staunton, VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Group!

Post by 88keys on Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:17 am

Fantastic! Count me in for the XC group then.

88keys

Posts : 5
Join date : 2009-06-18
Location : Burke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Group!

Post by Billy! on Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:39 am

MarissAHHH wrote:I think there should definitly be like 2 groups for running.

#1 for the hardcore cross country kids that do like 3 miles just for a warmup.

#2 for the non-track athletes that just need to stay in shape for another sport.

And #3 for kids who just want to try and stay healthy for no specific reason, and who would surely die running next to the real athletes. I'll head this group if no else takes charge! My group won't even have to wear good running shoes very happy Just semi-good. Oooh...
avatar
Billy!

Posts : 53
Join date : 2009-05-10
Age : 27
Location : Fredericksburg!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Group!

Post by Billy! on Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:41 am

Natalie Zhen wrote:Yeah, I was hoping that we could do that. I'm a cross country kid, but I have a lot of training to do before I can do 3 miles for warm up. If everyone on this thread is up for running every morning, we'll have a good base group. No one should ever have to run alone or at a pace he/she isn't comfortable with : )

3 miles? Warm-up? Oh yeah. Mhhmmm. I do that pretty much twice a day, everyday. *Kidding*
avatar
Billy!

Posts : 53
Join date : 2009-05-10
Age : 27
Location : Fredericksburg!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Group!

Post by iheartnyc2010 on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:09 am

Billy! wrote:

And #3 for kids who just want to try and stay healthy for no specific reason, and who would surely die running next to the real athletes. I'll head this group if no else takes charge! My group won't even have to wear good running shoes very happy Just semi-good. Oooh...

YAY BILLY!!!! thats so my group. I am definitely just looking for more like morning jogging/running, not like 300 mile sprints. Razz
avatar
iheartnyc2010

Posts : 227
Join date : 2009-04-19
Age : 26
Location : I kid you not...a place that has a "drive your tractor to school day".....yeah I know!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Group!

Post by Kiera S. on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:26 am

I'm in for group 3. Seems much more my style.

Kiera S.

Posts : 20
Join date : 2009-05-29
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Group!

Post by oliviah on Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:23 am

Group two or group three for me. When are we going to start these running groups? I would suggest that maybe we should wait until a few days in just so that we can get used to whatever schedule we're on. Anyone agree?
avatar
oliviah

Posts : 183
Join date : 2009-04-19
Age : 27
Location : Stafford

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Group!

Post by FoodFanatic on Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:27 am

I agree!
avatar
FoodFanatic

Posts : 91
Join date : 2009-04-25
Age : 26
Location : Virginia Beach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Group!

Post by Anne Flint on Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:06 pm

Group 3 I shall join.

I also agree with Olivia. We need to settle in before we try to take over the running world.
avatar
Anne Flint

Posts : 91
Join date : 2009-06-13
Age : 26
Location : Spotsyl-tucky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Group!

Post by Nicole Boyd on Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:17 pm

Group 3 for me please! I have noticed several theater kids in that group, so I'm appreciating that- I definitely enjoy running, but I don't actually do any sports.
avatar
Nicole Boyd

Posts : 36
Join date : 2009-04-25
Age : 26
Location : You can certainly find me in the heart of N Va

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=505075616&ref=p

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Group!

Post by Billy! on Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:39 pm

LOL, I love how these group numbers are suddenly "official." But hey, I can roll with that. Join group three everyone! We give out free ring pops. Twisted Evil

You theater kids rock. That's right, come and join Papa Billy's Running Group!

P.S. Group 3 may take a few "vacations" as well.
avatar
Billy!

Posts : 53
Join date : 2009-05-10
Age : 27
Location : Fredericksburg!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Group!

Post by Anne Flint on Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:31 pm

Papa Billy, can I have two ring pops, pwease?
Laughing
By the way, that's the only way I'm going to refer to you know.
avatar
Anne Flint

Posts : 91
Join date : 2009-06-13
Age : 26
Location : Spotsyl-tucky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Group!

Post by Billy! on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:21 pm

Anne Flint wrote:Papa Billy, can I have two ring pops, pwease?
Laughing
By the way, that's the only way I'm going to refer to you know.

That's fine with me Daughter Anne. sunny
avatar
Billy!

Posts : 53
Join date : 2009-05-10
Age : 27
Location : Fredericksburg!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Group!

Post by quad on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:26 pm

yeahhh.... if anything i'll probably end up in group 3
avatar
quad

Posts : 69
Join date : 2009-04-22
Age : 26
Location : cville

View user profile http://flickr.com/wasketch

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Group!

Post by Nicole Boyd on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:51 pm

Papa Billy, I'm liking the occasional "vacation" idea.

And I'm liking the new title Smile
avatar
Nicole Boyd

Posts : 36
Join date : 2009-04-25
Age : 26
Location : You can certainly find me in the heart of N Va

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=505075616&ref=p

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Group!

Post by maryanntc on Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:11 pm

ahh! i've been craving the idea of going running for the past...nine months. unfortunately, i've had a space boot since january Sad


at least i'll be easy to find
avatar
maryanntc

Posts : 22
Join date : 2009-06-21
Age : 26
Location : Chesterfield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Group!

Post by quad on Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:12 pm

maryanntc wrote:ahh! i've been craving the idea of going running for the past...nine months. unfortunately, i've had a space boot since january Sad


at least i'll be easy to find

haha aw whatd you do to yourself?
thats sucks

but ive actually always wanted to have to wear one. lol
avatar
quad

Posts : 69
Join date : 2009-04-22
Age : 26
Location : cville

View user profile http://flickr.com/wasketch

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Group!

Post by maryanntc on Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:18 pm

quad wrote:
maryanntc wrote:ahh! i've been craving the idea of going running for the past...nine months. unfortunately, i've had a space boot since january Sad


at least i'll be easy to find

haha aw whatd you do to yourself?
thats sucks

but ive actually always wanted to have to wear one. lol

you know, i thought it was kinda cool at first
but after 6 months...sflnsklfhndkfhn


uhmmm, what did i dooo..
to make a long story short[er]:
hurt it in gymnastics, but ignored it
did dance, marching band, waitressing, more gmynastics
dr said it was tissue reaction problems? so i took it easy and quit the strenuous stuff
3 months later, it wasnt better. turns out, they overlooked a fracture

-sigh-
avatar
maryanntc

Posts : 22
Join date : 2009-06-21
Age : 26
Location : Chesterfield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Group!

Post by quad on Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:23 pm

maryanntc wrote:you know, i thought it was kinda cool at first
but after 6 months...sflnsklfhndkfhn


uhmmm, what did i dooo..
to make a long story short[er]:
hurt it in gymnastics, but ignored it
did dance, marching band, waitressing, more gmynastics
dr said it was tissue reaction problems? so i took it easy and quit the strenuous stuff
3 months later, it wasnt better. turns out, they overlooked a fracture

-sigh-

that bites! im sorry but at least itll will heal right?
avatar
quad

Posts : 69
Join date : 2009-04-22
Age : 26
Location : cville

View user profile http://flickr.com/wasketch

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Group!

Post by maryanntc on Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:34 pm

yeah. i'm in the (third) healing process right now. i get to put my foot in a tube thing for thirty minutes everyday that sends electromagnetic waves to stimulate bone growth until it beeps and a little emoticon comes up and smiles at me. if all goes as planned, i'll be done with it when gov school rolls around. but nothing has gone as planned. so for anyone actually reading this, i can be easily identified as the girl with the space boot for a few weeks :]
avatar
maryanntc

Posts : 22
Join date : 2009-06-21
Age : 26
Location : Chesterfield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Group!

Post by kdefazio1 on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:12 am

i love to run!! i'd say i'd probably be in a slower group though..
does anyone know if we can use the gym at CNU?

kdefazio1

Posts : 2
Join date : 2009-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Group!

Post by Natalie Zhen on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:34 am

We can't Sad We're not 18 yet. But running outside is better than being stuck on a treadmill, and weights can always be replaced with crunchers and push ups.
avatar
Natalie Zhen

Posts : 209
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 26
Location : Not at school : )

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Group!

Post by nico3climaco on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:57 pm

I run!!!! very happy
do u think we can do track work outs? o.O
b/c i need to work on my 400/800 time...
or would we just be doing 30-minute exercise runs?
avatar
nico3climaco

Posts : 7
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 25
Location : Ashburn (Loudoun County)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Group!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum