Running Group!

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Running Group!

Post by iDraw'09 on Wed May 13, 2009 7:48 pm

I'm like not a runner...at all, but I might drop by in the evening or i really don't know. It's a great idea though!

Um, word of advice because it seems most of the people on this thread are from middle/northern VA, SouthE VA is like crazy humid and we have tons, and I mean TONS of mosquitos, especially in the evening. I'm not exactly sure how it is on campus but it's about 40 min. from my house so I don't expect a lot of difference. AKA Bring bug repellant!!! I know I will (but it might not work, so I hope I can borrow some! :p )
iDraw'09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kearneyrunner on Wed May 13, 2009 9:54 pm

Hey Brian, just looked your team up on Milestat, and found your page. You've got some good pr's! Can't wait to run with you this summer.

What do you think you injured?

Lee is in Staunton, Va, about 45 minutes away from Charlottesville, and not a very big city, i think about 25,000 people but I could be wrong.

Bri! 30 minutes and gallons of sweat sounds like fun! and iDraw'09, thanks for the bug advice!
Kearneyrunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kiru_ayameru on Thu May 14, 2009 6:40 am

Yay! I'm glad tht we have people that are going to be working out while we are there. I would have felt weird if I was the only one doing it.

As long as you guys can keep running, so can I ^.^
kiru_ayameru

View user profile http://myspace.com/sexy_kyo

Back to top Go down

Post by b_mcgrail on Thu May 14, 2009 1:27 pm

The possibility of my being injured is increasing, so I am seriously starting to doubt how high I am going to go. I think I might have some tendonitis in my ankle, so I'm just going to finish the track season and then take a solid 2-3 weeks off before I get back into it. So my mileage might not be as high as I once thought. We'll see.

b_mcgrail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanDanTheOboeMan on Thu May 14, 2009 3:54 pm

I used to run track, but I quit because of all my AP work.
DanDanTheOboeMan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike on Mon May 18, 2009 9:02 pm

I'm gonna try and go running some because I'll need to be in shape for XC, but I'm pretty lazy so I'll need somebody to help push me to actually do it. I don't plan on going extremely intense, just enough so that I'm not completely out of shape by running season.
Mike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren on Tue May 19, 2009 5:36 pm

Hey people- the running idea sounds like a lot of fun Smile I'm a beginner, but I might check it out. Kearney, I would appreciate a running plan too very happy

For some of you wondering about the CNU campus/southeastern VA climate/environment: it is, like another person already said, humid in the summer, and bug repellant is an excellent idea! You'd all be better off running in the morning than the afternoon. Also, the campus itself isn't nearly as beautiful as University of Richmond, and Newport News is much flatter and less green than northern VA. It's urban, but not skyscraper urban, just strings-of-car-dealerships-and-fast-food-places urban. So don't get your hopes up TOO high for lovely running scenery. Smile
Lauren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kearneyrunner on Tue May 19, 2009 9:02 pm

Ah well, we can be creative on our runs and imagine we're running someplace amazing! very happy
Also Lauren, do you have a facebook, or could I just email it to you on this site? Nice pic by the way of the eiffel tower, I'd like to see that up close!
Kearneyrunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Boyd on Wed May 20, 2009 2:28 pm

30 minutes sound good to me. I do a fair amount of running now, but I'm not very hardcore in my workout methods. I'm bascically like Bri-- DEFINITELY would like to go running before classes.

Natalie, I generally do the same thing as you, as far as showers go! Please tell me if I smell bad too Smile
Nicole Boyd

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=505075616&ref=p

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren on Wed May 20, 2009 5:19 pm

Yup, I have Facebook-- my full name is Lauren Akers. But messaging via this site would work just as well.

Thanks, I have a bunch more like it. I went on a Europe tour this spring break and took approximately 1400 pictures...I might have gone a bit overboard... what can I say? Everything was too beautiful! Smile
Lauren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by oliviah on Wed May 20, 2009 8:04 pm

I am SO jealous.
Did you by chance get to go to Versailles?
oliviah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren on Wed May 20, 2009 8:19 pm

Unfortunately, no. We were on a scheduled tour, and Versailles was actually supposed to be a part of it--except the day that we were planning on going (a Monday), it was closed Sad
Lauren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by oliviah on Wed May 20, 2009 8:22 pm

Bummer!
That's like the at the top of my list.
We're studying the seventeenth century and all that jazz in French right now, and it's really got me into that.
Have you seen Marie Antoinette, the movie?
Really good.
Beautiful cinematography, that is.
It wasn't filmed at Versailles, obviously (at least, I don't think...) but it captured what you would imagine the atmosphere would have been like.

Last edited by oliviah on Wed May 20, 2009 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added somethin...haha)
oliviah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike on Wed May 20, 2009 8:26 pm

Versailles would be awesome to see! Its funny because it killed the french economy when it was made, but now its a huge tourist attraction so it brings in a ton of money. I thought that was somewhat comical, but that's just me.
Mike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren on Wed May 20, 2009 8:27 pm

I've seen part of it. Maybe the first third or so. I'd like to finish it, I loved the costumes and music. I'm a fan of period films. Smile

Haha, don't you adore irony?
Lauren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera S. on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:49 pm

This group sounds like a great idea! I was planning on using the fitness center but it's 18+ so that plan's out. I'd love to run in the mornings but on a super basic beginner level. I'm with Bri on the whole 30 min jog type of thing.

Kiera S.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Christina30 on Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:56 pm

I will be running every morning before classes and breakfast. I can lead the runs, if you guys want. I will be running anywhere from 4-13 miles, depending on my training schedule. I run anywhere from a 7:20-8:20 mile. On my long runs, I will try to keep it around an 8 or so.

I am one of the humanities teachers, by the way. I will be training for a marathon at CNU. Thank goodness it's the beginning of my training, so I won't have to do any crazy miles. This will be my seventh marathon. Not sure I can keep up with 17 year old athletes, but I'll be out there plugging away!

Christina
Christina30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Boyd on Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:01 pm

I would LOVE that! I'm still a beginnger, so like Bri and Kiera I will probably run about 30-45 minutes, but that would be great.
Nicole Boyd

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=505075616&ref=p

Back to top Go down

Post by b_mcgrail on Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:39 am

thats awesome christina. i will most definately be hoping to run with you over the course of this month, but i don't think i'll ever get up to 13!

b_mcgrail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FoodFanatic on Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:44 am

Dang, you guys make me sound like an overweight snail. But it's the effort that counts, right? Smile

Thus I, Francis Aguisanda, officially request admission into the beginners running group.
FoodFanatic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike on Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:32 pm

So i just found out that our new assistant running coach for xc is like a crazy drill sargent type guy who's going to make us do 60miles a week (12 a day), so i'm going to have to run a lot at gov school. Actually he might just be for the varsity runners, but i'm right on the edge so i should be prepared.
Mike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by applesnoranges on Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:24 pm

yay im glad i wasnt the only one worrying about fitting in a running schedule here = )
i want in!
applesnoranges

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by g-landrunner25 on Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:58 pm

wow, i really wish my coach would make us do 60 a week. our training schedule is like 35 or 40
g-landrunner25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalie Zhen on Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:17 pm

That's insane. I usually do 35 during school or summer practice. Healthy varsity runners do 60 only at peak season. With tapering it's even less...

(Mike! Train to be wicked fast, but don't get injured! Do yoga and crunchers and shin strengthening exercises!)
Natalie Zhen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hello I am a coach and a runner for the past 40 years ugh!!!

Post by jmacg on Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:16 pm

I am a runner and coach and there are some places around the campus where you can run. The Track has been open in the past and should be again although I know they are replacing and resurfacing the Track. There is a great trail off campus called the Noland Trail and I am not sure if that will be off limits. We may be able to work something out.

Jeff
jmacg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next