Governor's School for Humanities and Visual & Performing Arts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

randomness

+22
Gwen
maryanntc
Billy!
kinseroo99
Anne Flint
Nicole Boyd
kellyshiei♥
J. K.
sambury
Caty Regan
oliviah
eksmith3
kristinnn
angelofmusic208
quad
LAMeadows
FoodFanatic
androgynousmermen@verizon
Allstagdup
kt2u155
Natalie Zhen
iheartnyc2010
26 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

randomness - Page 5 Empty Re: randomness

Post by angelofmusic208 Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:16 pm

*blushes* i feel so inferior
can I have Spring Awakening, and Les Mis? if you don't mind. you should hear Jesus Christ Superstar. Its one of my favorites...
angelofmusic208
angelofmusic208

Back to top Go down

Post by iheartnyc2010 Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:31 pm

haha weird coincidence.....my teacher that I HATE HATE HATE was also in JCSS. I don't really like that music much though. Or CATS. no offense if you like it of course Smile it is my least favorite broadway show of ALL time. ok and yes...we are going to educate you lovely if out of the whole collection you just picked Spring Awakening and les mis. We will broaden your broadway horizons!! In the Heights, Billy Elliot, Next to Normal and Aida (in which Adam Pascal stars) are on the tippy top of the list. But yes...I will try to make you copies of the other 2 (what songs I have of Les mis)
iheartnyc2010
iheartnyc2010

Location : I kid you not...a place that has a "drive your tractor to school day".....yeah I know!

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Flint Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:52 am

I would love if someone would give me Jesus Christ Superstar. I only have a few songs, which is unfair. Sad
I have:
Avenue Q
Cabaret
Chess
A Chorus Line
Fiddler on the Roof (Movie)
Gypsy
Hair
Hairspray (Movie)
Highlights of Guys and Dolls
Into the Woods
Joseph and the Amazing Technicoloured Dreamcoat
La Boheme (Not exactly a musical, but a lovely opera on which Rent is based)
Legally Blonde
Les Miz (All of it)
Mamma Mia! (Movie)
Next to Normal (EVERYONE who does not have this is getting one. It is amazing!)
Phantom of the Opera (Both Movie and Show, though the show is slightly messed up in the naming department. It works fine)
The Producers
Rent (Movie)
Sound of Music (Movie)
Spamalot
Sweeney Todd (Movie)
Titanic- the Musical
Wicked( very happy )
Wild Party
You're a Good Man Charlie Brown (It wasn't on for very long, but it has Anthony Rapp, and Kristen Chenoweth among others.)
25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
(It's helpful to have you're iPod on hand when making list. It's also nice when your library has a good deal of music.)

Bri... wow I want most of your music. I have a question. Is the Phantom you have Phantom or Phantom of the Opera? I'm guessing the second, but there's also a musical called the first.
I can also burn Les MIz, if you want it all, Kat.
Anne Flint
Anne Flint

Back to top Go down

Post by iheartnyc2010 Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:20 pm

Yeah I have Phantom of the Opera (the movie version) I would love to have the whole Les Mis as well as Into the Woods and Hair. My friend is bruning me Miss Saigon (which I had until my ipod commited suicide and its AMAZING) and [title of show] which I've heard a song or two from and it sounds good so yeah. We should ask if those computers are able to burn cds.
iheartnyc2010
iheartnyc2010

Location : I kid you not...a place that has a "drive your tractor to school day".....yeah I know!

Back to top Go down

Post by maryanntc Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:00 pm

hiiiii :] i just read through about 5 pages of this thread and figured i'd take a break and join in the fun!
i'm maryann, and i go to thomas dale high in chester. i'm not in a governors school or the specialty center haha

hmm random stuff...
i have a mild heart murmur and inverted elbows. i've always wanted to be able to run up a tree and backflip off of it. a hihat fell on my foot at school and almost broke my toe. my band teacher wanted my toenail as a necklace when it fell off but i just stuck it in a bag on the bulletin instead. i do a lot of band stuff. i'm super cheap when i buy clothes. sometimes when i scratch myself in an itchy spot, i feel the pain of the scratch somewhere else [??] weird? i can't chew gum for long because i get frustrated that it doesn't go away.

none of that really had any importance or significance, but i just figured i'd share haha
maryanntc
maryanntc

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Flint Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:18 pm

I think I'm just going to burn a copy of each musical and then bring a thousand CDs for copying.
Bri I would love if you'd give me both of those.
Anne Flint
Anne Flint

Back to top Go down

Post by angelofmusic208 Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:47 pm

Hey Anne-I'll bring you JCS.
I'd love Les Mis as well.
And anything else you want to educate me in-Im totally game.
Im in York East 146. Im gonna try and write down what rooms you guys are in so that I can go dropping things off/go visiting.
Bri. We have to do our coffee thing.
angelofmusic208
angelofmusic208

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Flint Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:17 pm

Wait wait wait. Coffee? I want coffee. You can't go for coffee without me. That's not fair! Laughing
I am a coffee addict though.
I'm in 228 East, btw.
Anne Flint
Anne Flint

Back to top Go down

Post by iheartnyc2010 Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:00 am

haha coffee sounds fun however kat was refering to our. . .coffee raiding plans. lmao to which my answer is YES OF COURSE!
iheartnyc2010
iheartnyc2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Boyd Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:27 am

Woah ladies- you basically have everything that I have. However, I'll bring what's left Smile

Hahah, Coffee raids? Is that like dancing down grocery aisles?! Or having smores in microwaves?
Nicole Boyd
Nicole Boyd

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=505075616&ref=p

Back to top Go down

Post by kinseroo99 Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:41 am

umm if there is coffee count me in! haha i too am a coffee addict! Also instead of blank CD's may i suggest pen drives or external hard-drives? less space and holds more Wink. Also maybe put any music you plan to share on pen drives for the same reasons, that is what i plan to do Smile .
kinseroo99
kinseroo99

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Boyd Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:07 pm

coffee, coffee, coffee!! Oh, I'm bringing my ihome to govschool, which charges and plays ipods: should we want to all listen to music there, it is available Smile
Nicole Boyd
Nicole Boyd

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=505075616&ref=p

Back to top Go down

Post by iheartnyc2010 Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:48 pm

i am also bringing mine and just for anyone forming fun ideas for microwaved. . .microwoven?. . . smores. It doesnt work you end up with chocolate no hotter than when you put it in and hot sticky gross marshgloop
iheartnyc2010
iheartnyc2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Flint Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:43 pm

Oh Kinsey you are so smart. I'll be putting it on my memory stick.

Marvin, my iPod, will be coming with me. He'd be scared home alone.

Huzzah for coffee addicts!
Anne Flint
Anne Flint

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwen Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:13 pm

quad wrote:WOAH!!! i think of something and then i want to believe something else because i feel that if i think about it too much it won't happen ahahahahah i thought i was alone!

i can't just chew my food and swallow, i have to shovel everything in and i cant take breaks. then i get stomach aches.

i love fresh air.

i hate bees. deathly terrifed.

sometimes when i'm in a bad mood, my friend and i go skipping because it really makes you feel ridiculous and it feels so good...lol

sometimes i get shivers when i heard a certain part of a song.... i hate it i feel so dumb.... but i'm kinda obsessed with music.

i have 9983 songs on my ipod and i'll probably have 10000 in the next week.

i've legit choreographed dozens of dances in my head.

i wish i could dance naked in a large clean field during even summer thunderstorm... i kinda did it once but theres not many opportunities where i am now.... maybe during gov school? ahahahha

Heh, I love thunderstorms and rain.

I get the shivers when I listen to certain songs...a lot of the songs I have don't have lyrics either, and it feels awkward when I have to share my mp3 player...
Gwen
Gwen

Back to top Go down

Post by angelofmusic208 Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:00 am

Hey. Im sorry-I don't have a pin drive thingy. Can you just burn regular CDs for me? Im not so technologically advanced haha
angelofmusic208
angelofmusic208

Back to top Go down

Post by Sobland. Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:31 pm

S'more s'more s'more!

haha

I love candy. A lot.
I hate sour candy.
I like to play guitar, even though I'm terrible.
I wish I could sing like they do in fifties musicals.
I've broken my collar bone twice in the same spot on the same shoulder.
I've gotten stiches something like 6 different times in my chin. Once on my hand.
I have this strange love for rewatching the same movies and rereading books over and over and over again. I can watch the same movie 3 times in a day and not get tired of it.
I read Deathly Hallows in 6 1/2 hours, right after the midnight party. Which I DID dress up for.
I talk and sing in my sleep.

Caty Regan wrote:The show that I was doing in the picture was Zombie
Prom at the Little Theatre of Virginia Beach. The most fun
ever!!!

Caty! I went to see that show! Do you know Kara Kight?! I know that you must know Vincent Castellano. I'm friends with them.
Sobland.
Sobland.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?id=806688

Back to top Go down

Post by oliviah Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:42 am

Sobland - I've broken my collar bone too! Haha. Three cheers for that!
oliviah
oliviah

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalie Zhen Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:45 am

I've always wondered....how do you allow a broken collar bone to heal? That would be an awkward cast. (Ha ha, clearly I've never broken that bone before.)
Natalie Zhen
Natalie Zhen

Back to top Go down

Post by tay2011 Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:00 pm

Okay so I also am a complete coffe adict.
My ipod will be coming with me his name is Leonard.
I'm also planning to steal my sister's ihome. She just doesn't know it yet lol.
I have never broken a bone.
I name all nonliving objects.
Ex) My car's name was Jason, my purse's name is Vanessa, my trombone's name is Laurence and etc.
I am greatly amused by paper shredders.
I believe all life lessons can be learned from Disney movies.
And I truely believed I wasn't going to get into Governor's School.
Happy Surprise lol! very happy
tay2011
tay2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Sobland. Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:04 pm

I name non-living objects as well. I like to give them historical names though. My laptop is Benjamin Franklin, my iPod is Ferdinand Magellan, so on and so forth.
haha

You don't get a cast for collar bones Natalie. You get a silly looking and pointless sling, or the X brace. Neither of which do anything, at all. You DO, however, get loads of pain killers. Personally, I think it's to make you feel better because you can't have people sign your sling.
Sobland.
Sobland.

Back to top Go down

Post by oliviah Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:09 pm

I wish I could shed some light on that Natalie, but I broke mine as an infant and I virtually have no memory of it. It's kind of a gross story I guess - I got stuck in the birth canal apparently and the doctor decided it would be a good idea to yank me out. And thus, he broke my collar bone. My parents just had to make sure that I slept on the opposite side (they put a pillow down so I wouldn't flip over) and be really careful with me until it healed?
oliviah
oliviah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sobland. Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:23 pm

The first time I broke mine I think I was about seven, maybe eight. I was rolling off my mom's bed and hit the mattress holder thingy at a weird angle. That made me land on my shoulder at an even funnier angle. Hence, broken collar bone. It was probably ten at night, and it was right before we were supposed to go to New York, we still went.

The second time was probably three years later. My friends and I were having a craziest jump contest off of my swingset in my backyard. I landed on my shoulder and it took me about an hour to find my mom because she was loading up the car to go to the dump. We stopped by the dump and then went to the emergency room. Funnily enough, this time was right before a trip to Chicago, which of course, we still went on. Needless to say, I had the craziest jump.
Sobland.
Sobland.

Back to top Go down

Post by themelodymonster Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:58 pm

Haha, I name stuff too. I named my friend's iPod Winston, and my mp3 player is Oswald. My laptop's name is Alice and my stuffed dinosaur's name is Wilhelm.

I busted my head open when I was two. No idea what I got for that, other than stitches.

I'm horribly afraid of spiders/bugs and the ocean/open water and bridges...and my own blood and alligators and elevators and certain types of clowns...

I'm a dog person, my favorite color is the rainbow, all my initials are M, including the 'Ms.' if you wanna get all formal, I have the same birthday as Jules Olitski, Mariah Carey, and Harry Potter's dad, and I hate roses and tulips.
themelodymonster
themelodymonster

http://melody-masterpiece.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Flint Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:03 pm

My laptop is named Moe and when I get a car her name will be Melinda. Unless its a guy car. Then I don't know.

Oh, as well as a names I attach genders to things. I have no clue why, but I do.

I broke both of my collar bones. Once after tripping on a ball in kivk ball and once when my friend was trying to show me a wrestling move. I try to avoid sports now. very happy
Anne Flint
Anne Flint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum